Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suction Wigs ??
06-06-2010, 12:39 PM,
Suction Wigs ??
Hi All,

Anyone heard of wigs they refer to as "suctions wigs".

Ive seen websites and videos about them.

they're full cap and kind of "suction" to your head.

i was advised by someone that my hair was way to super thin and "fly weight" and that i would have to go for something like this. That a topper wouldnt blend because my hair is "super thin".

Ive got plenty of hair on the back and sides. Quickly disappearing on top.

My hair is to my shoulders.

I just know i have to make the switch pretty soon. I read on this site that its best to tackle the monster before it grows to big. Which i agree.

Anyway i was told that these suction wigs cost about $3,500 AUS. Which i figure is very expensive. I guess its a full cap kinda thing. So a full head of hair shoulder length maybe expensive ??

Does toplace sell "suction wigs" and if so how much ?

Has anyone tried them out ? if so, how are they ?

thanks all .. awesome forum. its so helpful.
06-06-2010, 11:12 PM,
RE: Suction Wigs ??
Hi Steak,
First off you've got to realize that there is a lot of hype in this business. Everyone has a 'revolutionary new method' that is a 'break through in the industry.' Don't believe that crap! That $3,500 'suction wig' is our standard TL 400 PSB unit. It's made from a mould or template just like our lace units. It's often been said that the artificial skin units such as the TL 400 PSB or TL 700 New Generation base 'vacuum' themselves to the head. That's why many users don't even use glue or tape to attach---they use 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue' that you can get from your local drugstore. These units are custom made to fit exactly to your head---so you don't need a strong adhesive or tape to attach. Don't fall for the hype. Some people even say that if a unit comes from a certain country that it is somehow better. I'd like to know what exactly that certain country does to make their units better. It's hogwash.
There's something in your post that I don't understand. In one area you say that your sides are 'super thin' and that won't allow you to blend in a topper with your own hair. But then you say you've got plenty of hair on your back and sides and that the top is quickly fading. If you do have good sides and back you can go with a topper. If the sides and back are really thin you might be better off with a full cap but that's a judgment call. At any rate, paying $3,500 for a unit is ridiculous. Even if you wear shoulder length hair we can do the unit (full cap or topper) for far less and same yourself thousands of dollars. If you'd like to post photos of your current hair condition I can better advise you as to which way to go---topper of full cap. Or if you prefer not to post them on the forum you can send them to me at:
[email protected].
And yet a third alternative is to do a private webcam consultation with Debbie. The cost is $59 but you will receive a 15% discount off your first order. We look forward to helping you.
Regards,
John
06-07-2010, 01:13 AM,
Hi..

Thanks for the post reply.. appreciated.

Sorry i may of got confused in my original post.

What i meant is that my hair, on the sides and back are shoulder length, and texture of the hair are super fine. Fly weight fine hair.

Its getting thinner on top by the day. I have to use a concealer or it would be patchy and a complete mess.

Im tired of concealers and am after a better method thus in the market for whats best for me. Either topper or full cap.

John, i sent you an email a few weeks back with pictures of my situation. You may of forgotten as no doubt you get a lot of emails and pictures. Smile

I can pass them on again. I shall get more up to date photos as i believe ive lost more hair since then. Would be fantastic, and much appreciated, to get your advice. I currently dont have a webcam.

But yes I agree in what you said in your post reply John. Plenty of people / companies misguiding people etc.

Reason why i am thankful for finding this forum. Its fantastic.

I will resend you more recent photos to your email address and get hair samples off to you next week.

Would be fun to try a lace unit and skin unit to compare both.

thanks John greatly appreciated.

Smile
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM,
It`s hard to believe there are still cowboys ``inventing`` new phrases / terms like ``suction`` to hoodwink people into thinking there is some revolutionary new super -system and trying to get you to part with that kind of money. Hair is hair --no matter what the base material is, and it has a certain `life`--- it will have to be replaced after a period of time due to washing/ shedding. NO WAY should anyone part with mega bucks for a system when Toplace will provide you with an EXCELLENT system at a fraction of what the cowboys want from you. At the cowboy prices, you`d need to apply for a mortgage for the rest of your life, because that is exactly what those prices amount to ---a mortgage !!! At, let`s say 2 systems a year, that`s 7 thousand !!!!!! A house would be cheaper !! I am wearing an all -lace system with a small polyurethane perimeter from temple to temple via the back of the head [ lace front] -- it was styled-in, early February, and is still in great condition and cost me approx 200 Dollars from Toplace. I`m delighted to have found Toplace and won`t be going anywhere else for my hair. I know what I`m talking about, having paid the rip -off prices from these `Salons` -- one here in Ireland was costing me 300$ a month by Direct Debit from my bank account for 2 systems a year ---at first the quality was fine, then they went to supplying 2 systems every six months --the hair was literally like horse hair --tough, dry. and you just couldn`t style it. My house mortgage was actually cheaper than the hair !!! Order from Toplace and you`ll have no worries --regards, Paul.
06-10-2010, 02:37 AM,
(06-07-2010, 08:16 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: It`s hard to believe there are still cowboys ``inventing`` new phrases / terms like ``suction`` to hoodwink people into thinking there is some revolutionary new super -system and trying to get you to part with that kind of money. Hair is hair --no matter what the base material is, and it has a certain `life`--- it will have to be replaced after a period of time due to washing/ shedding. NO WAY should anyone part with mega bucks for a system when Toplace will provide you with an EXCELLENT system at a fraction of what the cowboys want from you. At the cowboy prices, you`d need to apply for a mortgage for the rest of your life, because that is exactly what those prices amount to ---a mortgage !!! At, let`s say 2 systems a year, that`s 7 thousand !!!!!! A house would be cheaper !! I am wearing an all -lace system with a small polyurethane perimeter from temple to temple via the back of the head [ lace front] -- it was styled-in, early February, and is still in great condition and cost me approx 200 Dollars from Toplace. I`m delighted to have found Toplace and won`t be going anywhere else for my hair. I know what I`m talking about, having paid the rip -off prices from these `Salons` -- one here in Ireland was costing me 300$ a month by Direct Debit from my bank account for 2 systems a year ---at first the quality was fine, then they went to supplying 2 systems every six months --the hair was literally like horse hair --tough, dry. and you just couldn`t style it. My house mortgage was actually cheaper than the hair !!! Order from Toplace and you`ll have no worries --regards, Paul.

I believe he may be speaking of an "actual" suction hairpiece. It's not a new concept if so. I remember back in the early 90s some guys pitching these suction wigs. They were meant to do away with tape and glue, altogether. I believe you took the things off by running something small under the hairline. That would release the suction and pop!, off came the unit. I don't think many got into the thing because rumours abounded that the hairpiece too often went pop! when it shouldn't have.

At any rate, spending an extra $7,000 to avoid tape probably is a bad strategy.
06-11-2010, 12:11 AM,
(06-10-2010, 02:37 AM)knockahoma Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 08:16 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: It`s hard to believe there are still cowboys ``inventing`` new phrases / terms like ``suction`` to hoodwink people into thinking there is some revolutionary new super -system and trying to get you to part with that kind of money. Hair is hair --no matter what the base material is, and it has a certain `life`--- it will have to be replaced after a period of time due to washing/ shedding. NO WAY should anyone part with mega bucks for a system when Toplace will provide you with an EXCELLENT system at a fraction of what the cowboys want from you. At the cowboy prices, you`d need to apply for a mortgage for the rest of your life, because that is exactly what those prices amount to ---a mortgage !!! At, let`s say 2 systems a year, that`s 7 thousand !!!!!! A house would be cheaper !! I am wearing an all -lace system with a small polyurethane perimeter from temple to temple via the back of the head [ lace front] -- it was styled-in, early February, and is still in great condition and cost me approx 200 Dollars from Toplace. I`m delighted to have found Toplace and won`t be going anywhere else for my hair. I know what I`m talking about, having paid the rip -off prices from these `Salons` -- one here in Ireland was costing me 300$ a month by Direct Debit from my bank account for 2 systems a year ---at first the quality was fine, then they went to supplying 2 systems every six months --the hair was literally like horse hair --tough, dry. and you just couldn`t style it. My house mortgage was actually cheaper than the hair !!! Order from Toplace and you`ll have no worries --regards, Paul.

I believe he may be speaking of an "actual" suction hairpiece. It's not a new concept if so. I remember back in the early 90s some guys pitching these suction wigs. They were meant to do away with tape and glue, altogether. I believe you took the things off by running something small under the hairline. That would release the suction and pop!, off came the unit. I don't think many got into the thing because rumours abounded that the hairpiece too often went pop! when it shouldn't have.

At any rate, spending an extra $7,000 to avoid tape probably is a bad strategy.
06-11-2010, 12:12 AM,
Knockahoma:

"At any rate, spending an extra $7,000 to avoid tape probably is a bad strategy."

You're hilarious!
Regards,
John
06-11-2010, 05:52 AM,
i have a question about the polyskin wigs. you mentioned above taht you dont need to use tapes and glues, that you can use got2be glued. that sounds spectacular! how long will that last and would perspiration cause the piece to come off? im in the entertainment business and stage lights and stuff cause me to perspire alot, and i move around alot on stage. will this affect it? and would i be able to get an sfs front for the natural hairline?
06-23-2010, 06:37 AM,
anyone?
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM,
Me too I'd like to learn more about Got2be required for use day and night and if the system maintenance and does not move well on the head with perspiration or rubbing on the pillow at night.
And last question how yours Got2be in the shower or pool?

Thank you for your answers