Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topik
08-19-2010, 09:31 AM,
RE: Topik
i use nanogen concealer,i need to move on,because my hair has,(lol)
worked great when i had more density.but its geting to the stage where you can see the conceler,
im about to make the transition to a hair system.iv read thease forums for a while.
just wondering is there anyone in the north east of england near tyne& wear, newcastle. who could help me with making a template, cutting in applying removing.
the forums like reading the highway code and saying now i can drive a car, tilll you get in the car its a diffrent ball game.
theory and practical two diffrent things.
i rekon being a meticulous nanogen user i should be pretty good at becoming a wearer.
08-27-2010, 11:33 AM,
Hi Folks,

sorry this is probably very long...

I'm in the same boat as most of you and antywanty too. I'm not yet a hair wearer, but I have an appointment this Sat to have a Cut-In and from then on I suppose I will be a system wearer and it's a lot of emotions - scary, happy, nervous, and again scary!
Scary is only me thinking worst case scenario if it goes belly up (I'm attending a Wedding the week after so hopefully that won't happen)

I ordered a hair system a good while back, but let it sit gathering dust (pre match nerves, I'd say WinkI convinced myself buying razors and getting someone to cut the sides every 2 weeks and applying as much Nanogen/Dermmatch that I looked ok.
My problem is my hairline, I've always had thick hair but even that's now thinning plus my receding hairline.
I dermmatch the hairline from backwards and then comb forward a bit once it's dry, and then nanogen the rest of it the thinning bits at the back,
like you said anty, if you are a nanogen wearer, hopefully we'll be able to fit into System wearing.

Anyhoos,
As it was put, Concealers are a 'Band Aid' and I've always seen it as one, but last few months, I was either too nervous (I've had the System for a few months - about 7) and disillusional probably thinking by keeping it short, and slappying my forehead with concealer that I looked go, it probably does look ok in a dark room or from 20 yards away...
Also, it's so messy..
You cannot even sit in a chair, sofa, or put your head back on a pillow without it coming off. I've even had the embarrasing situation of a work collegue touch my hair by mistake and probably had dark remains on her hand haha.

Also, you live your life around it too. For Example,
my routine has been showering at night, then applying the concealer - I even sleep on a dark towel as it would go all over my Pillowcase if not, waking up, inspecting the Quilt and Pillow for traces of concealer etc and if any fell on it through sleep.
wash myself, then re-apply at the back or the areas where it's not present.
It hasn't improved my life or confidence though. If it's windy, and it's on the North East of Scotland you are still left worrying if it's in place, and if it rains - which it does here too! A few times I've walked to Work from the Bus in the rain in 2mins and feared it being all down my forehead.
Also, if you apply a lot of it and it can be applied in a good manner where it looks reasonably ok, but you have to that EVERYDAY - it's like wearing hair. If you turn up one day at Work with a full head of Toppik/Nanogen in your hair, then go home and shampoo it out and turn up without it next day, People are going to wonder..
It gets to the point where I love Weekends (Don't we all?, but I love them because I don't need to sleep on a towel!! I can shampoo my hair, and sleep long and not worry about concealer all over my Pillow and Sheets).

Saying all that, it's a good 'band aid' as it is that. It's a stop gap - and if you are aiming to conceal your hair loss as best, it's a good for that . Perfect if you are awaiting your system or still not got the nerve to go through with the Cut In.
But, you live in fear of rain, someone touching it, relaxing your head on a sofa or chair, playing sports without a beanie/sweatband (I jog reguarly and I wear a beanie every time I go out).

It's now at the stage, where I know it won't grow back.. I've somehow finally realised this. I'm going to work abroad for a few months, and although I can get by at home on Concealers here, I was left with getting the cut in pieces for my travels, or shaving my head..
and like many of us on here, I don't suit a shaved head. I tried it once when I was 19 and it didn't work.

Also final point, many people don't fret on hair like we do! When I had a very short haircut People said 'Oh you are thinning/bald etc. I went away with Work for 2months, the hair grew back, some concealers - and no one mentioned the hair loss and said 'Wow, your hair looks good etc'.
If you are thinning, treat it as a gradual process and with your systems, gradually grow it back to the density you like or want.
Even wear bangs/fringe to begin with as it seems to be easier for the hairline as well for newbees in hair wearing and with some confidence and experience, learn with great sites like this to try different styles showing the hairline..

This is long!!!

Sorry, but it's threapy..

For all concealer users, once you feel confident - go for it and don't look back. I've not yet had a cut in or wore hair but it's time for me to give it a go.

Be positive too. As the photos show it can look awesome, and if it's not for you at one point we are all going to need to shave it anyway, why not try wearing as a last solution and if you don't like wearing at least we tried.

sorry for boring you all , but all the best to all my concealer buddys.

P.s if anyone needs any concelaer dark brown, I've ordered a few that I've realised I won't need pm me or get my e-mail from toplace..

Smile
08-28-2010, 04:15 AM,
hehe jeah was a concealer guy too (maybe 3 jears). No i am wearing and i can say its much better and easier. You dont have to worry about rain and water.

By the way still use some dermmatch on the edges, if i have glued the hair and sometime i realize there is little gap between the piece an my hair (~2-4mm), i cover it with some concealer and no one can see it. But with the time i will be better with the attaching process, so maybe in some month i dont use that stuff anymore.
08-28-2010, 04:40 AM,
Thanks for that, will keep it on board for the concealer at the edges. I'm hoping today is my last day of concealer on my hair (at the front and crown areas )

Tomorrow is my Big Cut In day!

It feels like an important day for some reason. I just hope it goes ok, as I've got a wedding next week to attend and speak at.
08-28-2010, 05:41 AM,
kevinme, youre post is not long in the eyes of a intrested reader,of which we all are here.
totaly understand everything you seid,btw dont you secure youre concealer with hair spray.
im not afraid of windy days, but rain and wind together.must have kitt includes a umberellA, LOL,i leave my front with concealer in place, dosent get messed up,i just restyle the back and sides which dont need concealer(or didnt , thats changing)
i make one container last 4 months
anyway,i'd love a hair system, its my next step.with concealer youre wondering about people taller than you looking down, or sitting higher than you, on the bus,or being in a bright store,
,im getting a topper.
you only spot concealer when people carry on using when really they shoudnt, and are in denial regards coverage.which i probably am now.
im not knocking concealer,its bloody fantastic kitt.when youve got good density,theres atime to use it and a time to move on, its a life confidence saver booster.its bought me 8 years of confidence, and for that time i thankyou sincerely,
regarding wearing i saw a chap on the bus today with a realy bad hair peice.

why do folk tolerate such bad peices,they Obviously care about there appearence but,do they.probably the fact people know but dont let on.
yes they,v got hair , in there mind but to onlookers it looks pathetic.
looking forward to seeing youre new hair system and more so learning of the confidence boost it will bring you
regards anty