Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topik
06-05-2010, 06:30 AM,
Topik
Why is my toppik purple??????? I was at work yesterday and this real good looking girl that I work with asked me, ''why is your hair purple''
I said ''I don't know''.

She kept looking at my hair all day long. fucking embarrasin situation.

It is time for me to join the TL club, I'll order soon.

Hairloss is traumatic, everyone stares at my ''dirty'' hair, damnnnnnnn topik no longer works.
06-06-2010, 06:47 AM,
RE: Topik
Hr. Hair,
Welcome aboard! I've never heard of that happening with Topik. I usually hear 'that stuff is really messy.' People will wake up in the morning and their pillow would be covered with Topik. Once you get a hair unit you won't look back.
Regards,
John
06-06-2010, 12:45 PM,
Hi..

Ive been using a similiar product for nearly a year. You soon grow very tired of it. Its messy. Runs down your face at times. You cannot brush your hair properly without worrying its going to go everywhere.

also you avoid rain like no tomorrow.

dont get me wrong its a good "band aid" but not a solution. It can also get very costly when you have to apply it every day.

it also doesnt look very natural. especially when you loose to much hair and it kinda looks chalky or you have parts were your hair is left and then dark looking patches which up close you can tell is on your scalp.

im still using this product until i can figure out which hair piece suits me best.
06-06-2010, 11:15 PM,
Well stated, Steak! It's a 'band aid' and not a solution.
06-12-2010, 01:04 PM,
that toppik is real embarassing at times. I will finally have a day off from work tomorrow and it will be spent researching this forums, just like you steak, I have not decided what kind of system I will be ordering. I am real confused but I will not be a bald guy, I have shaved my head in the past and people tell me I look good but I don't like it, it is just not me I feel depressed when bald, it sucks.
06-12-2010, 07:30 PM,
Hi Mr Hair,

Im in the same boat as you. Im doing my research etc. I need to do something about it in the next few weeks as hair up there is getting less by the day.

I just want to find a solution because its now gone beyond an obsession. I think of my bad hair situation each minute of the day and am very worried about it. I stay home most of the time and when im out im anxious about if people shall look etc.

Ive even tried to convince myself to shave my head. But i know i wouldnt be happy and to be honest very embarresed about it.

Topikk or similiar products are only a "bandaid" and to be honest doesnt look natural and is very messy. No fun either cleaning up etc.

So.. the best way to fix a problem is be "pro-active" and fix it. No use worrying about it. Get out there and fix it.

This forum is awesome. Do what im going to do Mr. Hair and send Toplace a hair sample, photo of what hair cut you would like, measurements of the piece you require etc and start being happy again. Smile

Think of it this way. People dye there hair all the time. People also buy clothes etc to make themselves look and feel better. People in our situation also deserve to feel good. So go for it. We shall learn on the way how to fit and style and the guys on this forum are helpful and awesome.

Eventually we shall be pro and it shall be a part of our daily or weekly routine. Much like styling, cutting, gelling when we had hair.

It shall also be fun and we shall feel better and more confident.

sorry about the rant.

have fun everyone and i look forward to the positive step forward in enjoying having hair again.
06-13-2010, 12:03 AM,
I remember how depressing it was to have thinning hair, hair that was still there, but not growing and slowly receding. Somehow thought it would come back given time, but of course it never did. I recently saw on another site a photo of someone who still had thinning hair on top but shaved it off and put a small topper in its place. He had short style and blended so well that it appeared that his own hair grew back. He didn't wait to go bald; there was no transition shock as it is for most of us. I wish I had done that myself and not been in denial for so long. John may have before/after photos of similar cases.
06-19-2010, 02:42 AM,
Hi McNash,
That's something that most people struggle with. They've nurtured and 'babied' their remaining thin hair and it's very difficult to shave it off. They hope and pray that it will come back. They try Rogain, Topik, special shampoos, laser combs and everything else that you can think of. It's tough to 'bite the bullet' on this but that's what needs to be done. And once it done people ask themselves 'why didn't I do this sooner?' I'll check the archieve for photos of customers that shaved off their thin hair and went with a partial unit---with great results.
Regards,
John
06-23-2010, 06:06 PM,
Yea man, I was using Dermmatch for a while and I still had enough hair to pass. But My hairline kept receding and I couldn't accept it so I was gunna get a front partial cuz I had a ton of natural and lazer treatments done and thought my crown would be good. But it was all thinning and receding too fast so after reading here for a while I made the plunge while it still looked okay. Never looking back. Sometimes it can suck. Not gunna lie. But its amazing what it will do for your confidence. People make fun of bald people when your in a group of people with full heads of hair. Seriously. I will never be bald.
06-24-2010, 01:17 AM,
tokerjoker,
You've got the right attitude. Attitude is a big part of wearing. I think if you've got something that needs to be fixed then you should fix it. Whether it be your teeth, your weight, your complexion, your hair or whatever it is. You can do something about it.
Regards,
John