Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT!!! Question about cutting the unit
09-26-2009, 11:14 AM,
URGENT!!! Question about cutting the unit
Hello Everyone

I have noted that, if I measure from the very edge/border of my TL unit, until the first hairs start, there is a distance of about 2cm of "free" (with no hair) lace, which I think is a little too much, perhaps a distance of 1cm would have been ok. I understand this could have been a mistake from my side, due to "rounding" a little when doing my template, I know this is very normal and trust me, I'm not mad at all. Never the less, when I order the second unit, I will "tweak" this aspect in the order and secure that the new one will be 1cm shorter.

After that explanation, my question is the following:

If I'd like to "tweak" this unit I have right now, for a better fitting, is it possible I can grab some scissors and just cut the extra cm of lace myself?, this will mean I would grab my unit starting from the very edge, measure 1 cm towards the hair, and then cut the extra cm of lace all around the unit's border.

If I do that, would I have problems with the durability of my unit? (I have a TL200 french lace by the way), would you think this is a good idea? (assuming of course that I will be excedingly careful when cutting the unit), my biggest fear with the current unit would be to have the hair of the unit shorter than the lace so someone could spot the "free" lace over my head (since the hair would be shorter).

Many thanks for your quick reply and response, regards!

Jose
09-26-2009, 11:42 AM,
Re: URGENT!!! Question about cutting the unit
Jose,
That extra lace is normal and is supposed to be trimmed off by the customer to his liking. Some people like to leave two rows of lace, some just 1 row of lace and others trim right up to the hair. Trimming the lace will not hurt the strength of the unit. You can use regular scissors or an Exacto knife to trim the lace.
Regards,
John
09-26-2009, 12:22 PM,
Re: URGENT!!! Question about cutting the unit
Thanks a bunch John!, again, you just saved my life. I was unaware of that, but now that I know the extra lace is supposed to be there, I'm just gonna go and cut it.

Regards!