Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 cents about website bashing
05-29-2010, 12:32 AM,
RE: My 2 cents about website bashing
John, Farrell will never accept your challenge; he would be outed as vastly over-charging for his products and services. He can't beat you on quality when Farrell uses the same pool of factories(if not the same) as everyone else. The mark-up the salons make must be HUGE.

It is interesting dealing with HR companies. With the salons, they offer the most expensive products and services, catering to people who don't care to mess with their unit at all, gladly paying someone else to de/reattach, and paying huge sums for units that offer the most undetectability, equating quality with high price. HairDirect fulfills the role as the DIY salon, charging much less than the salons,offering products and services just like a salon. I got a chuckle when they tell their customers NO CONTRACTS while offering a contract hair service with the multiple units per year. Places like TL, BA, coolpiece give you the raw product, ready for the true DIY customer. And everyone gets their hair from the same group of factories in China. Amazing. But all factories are NOT created equal in quality and workmanship. And there's the rub.

About Korea, I believe that when I started wearing in the 80's my units were made in Korea. They were good units as I remember, but AHS dropped the Korean factory for whatever reason, and switched around until they settled in China. Due to uneven quality, they switched factories a few times before they settled on the one Cirrus uses (my local AHS salon was bought by Cirrus, based in Memphis). When I left, quality issues mostly settled down, but it could be spotty.

Moral of this story is if you have a good factory, keep it!

Messages In This Thread
My 2 cents about website bashing - mcnash - 05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
RE: My 2 cents about website bashing - mcnash - 05-29-2010, 12:32 AM