Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
08-01-2011, 02:46 AM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
Okay, been wearing now for 7 days with the same bonding (although I added some glue in the first day after panicking a bit). Just deattached, removed glue from the lace and washed the hair with sulfate-free shampoo.

Have to say that I was happy with the strength of the Ghostbond glue. It stayed on for the whole week, and it was actually hard to get the piece off even after applying lace release (had to spray more to get it off). It also takes some work and adhesive remover to get the glue out of the scalp, but it's doable.

During the week I did some swimming, gym, sunbathing etc., and the attachment held very well. I washed my own existing hair a couple of times, but didn't shampoo the partial when it was on. During the week I was kind of worried about the attachment and didn't put the piece to a "full test" (etc. when swimming, I didn't wan't to wet my hair). But I guess this'll change when I'll completely start to trust that the attachment will hold and I won't get busted.

I have ordered a backup unit, but it will take at least a week more before I get that. Hopefully everything goes well, and after I receive the backup I should be able to ease up a bit.

Now waiting for the piece to dry, so I can try to make my first reattachment after a wash...

One question to partial wearers: How long have you been able to use your system? I understood that a full cap should last for 6 months or even more, but is the same possible with a small partial?

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Zandberg09 - 08-01-2011, 02:46 AM