Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
07-26-2011, 09:27 PM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll pack the stuff with me and hope that the glue will stick, so I won't ran into any unnecessary embarrassment within the first days of wearing Smile

Been reading a lot of forums lately and thinking about wearing. On one hand, I already feel that the pieces can look very natural and and that this could really be a lifesaving thing. On the hand, I'm very worried about the anxiety this brings, and the routines that are needed to maintain this "cover".

But basically I just can't wear my own hair with concealers any more (it simply looks very S***ty), so I only have two options:

1) going on with this initial partial piece, and if everything goes well, the transition would be quite smooth and in the near future I could order a larger piece (which would allow me to shave more of the thinning area off and make the hair look more natural and healthy).

2) Cut my hair very short, and deal with the hairloss. I'm not comfortable with this option at all, I'm one of those guys who don't look good with everything exposed, and just need the "frame" that hair can provide. Of course, this option would allow me to start wearing later, but then I certainly wouldn't have smooth transition to wearing.

I decided to go with option one, I'm keeping your encouraging comments on mind. I know this is a lot of work, trial and error...just hope I won't get busted in the early days, because that would be very bad for me mentally.

One more thing, I got to give advice to the people who still have a decent amount of hair left, but are suffering from recession/thinning and are thinking of trying wearing: (and I have seen some here asking similar questions) Try it while you still have your own hair left. This makes the transition much easier, when you can still rely on your own hair in case of problems. I made the mistake and waited for too long with this, even though I was considering this option already couple of years ago.

I will be posting more newbie questions as I go on with this route...

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Zandberg09 - 07-26-2011, 09:27 PM