Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
07-24-2011, 08:00 PM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
Paul, thanks for your comments, I really appreciate your help.

I noticed a similar technical issue, I actually sent a reply myself just after my last post, but it has disappeared from the forum. So I'll copypaste it here again:

I cut the piece little smaller and tried another attachment - looks better now. I think I'm still going to need to modify this a bit, just hope that I won't damage/break the unit while cutting this myself...I have to say that I'm amazed how much a 1-2 centimeters of hair can make a difference. I already feel a lot more confident with myself, even though I haven't made any styling yet.

One thing that I'm worried about is shedding - there seems to be hair falling off. I used knot sealer before the first attachment (watched the video on the INFO link). I also have a habit of touching my hair a lot, so could that be or become an issue with the piece? I'm also used to using styling products to style my hair, can I use any product to style also the hair on the piece?

Also another thing I am wondering is showering - Have been searching the forum, but couldn't find the routine people wearing small partials use. Should I be able to wash the unit and my own hair at the same time during a shower? Or should the unit be removed before shower and washed separately?

Regarding the backup units, I decided to order a stock unit first and see it that could be used by cutting the partials out of that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Zandberg09 - 07-24-2011, 08:00 PM