Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
07-23-2011, 09:22 PM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
I did a reply to this yesterday and posted it successfully and now I log on and it`s gone !! I think there`s a `tecchie` issue as I noticed a similar thing last week when trying to view a post by another regular-contributor......when I opened the thread after seeing that he had replied to a question, I couldn`t view it initially.....strange.....anyone else notice anything `odd`?
Ok so just a quick reply.... and again re-post this link which I had in my previous reply regarding thinning your system if you feel your density is too high: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPULkcyVD2Y Go easy initially as not all the affected hair will shed out in one go..more will come out next day or two, so just take it easy. I suggest you trim the back of the partial where it meets your growing hair so that it will sit back up a bit better off the forehead..you said it`s a bit low at the moment so you could trim, let`s say, .25 of a centimeter off so it will be 1.75 centimeters in width rather than 2 centimeters and see if that helps. For such a narrow system, it`s probably going to be faster to simply order a stock and trim it to fit...many others have successfully made 2 or 3 partials from a stock....bearing in mind that they are all medium density and Freestyle......looking at the pic there a freestyle should be ok for what you need. You may need to experiment with a different glue ...Ghostbond is strong [ and ALL glues can be `messy` if you`re not careful] but local weather/temperatures can affect drying/curing time and your own body-chemistry plays a part too......apply about 3 layers, thinly/evenly and you can speed up the drying time[between each layer] with a hairdryer aimed at the glue......you may need to give the base a light shampooing initially to remove any possible factory-residues such as silicone which might prevent a 100% `hold` between glue/lace. Hope that helps... Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Paul In Ireland - 07-23-2011, 09:22 PM