Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
07-22-2011, 10:45 AM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
I Just tried my first attachment with the partial piece. I used Ghostbond glue for attachment, and Lace Release and PURE for removal.

some good things:
-color was good match
-The partial seemed to mix up quite well with the current hair I have, and I liked the way it seemed to bring so much volume to the overall hair (although the piece itself is only about 2cm wide)
-the glue seemed to give strong hold

bad ones:
-the hair density is too big and little bit too large for my receding area - the hairline comes too low. I'll need to make a new template, but I guess I'm going to try to modify this one first
-The bond seemed pretty strong, but I messed the attachment somehow, because some parts of the lace kept lifting (although not very noticeably, but I guess this shouldn't happen if I plan to use the piece for several days)
-the Ghostbond clue is pretty messy, and it takes time to get it off. Also the skin on my forehead seems to irritate quite easily - application of clue or alcohol seems to give some kind of rash, at least temporarily. But that seemed to go away after the deattachment.

All in all, mainly because of the wrong shape, I didn't try to really style my hair yet with the piece, but instead de-attached it. I attached a pic with the partial on, but there isn't much of a hairstyle in that pic.

Some questions:
-about the removal - I used lace release to get the piece off, and PURE + water to clean my skin from clue. After that I did mirror slides to clean clue from the piece. Should I do something else to the piece when deattaching, so that I don't damage it?
-I'll need to get backup units. Is it possible/reasonable to get one fullcap with the same color, and try to cut partials myself from that? Or should I create another template, and order new units?

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Zandberg09 - 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM