Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
07-10-2011, 10:42 PM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
Hi Zandberg09 ---that`s about it ....an easy way to `see`the area where glue should be applied is to sit your partial on and hold it in place with one hand.... use the back edge of your comb or even a pen with it`s cover in place to trace / mark the skin following the outline/shape of the front there.....just apply a bit of pressure and the skin will show a clearly-visible line ..just pop the system off and you`ll be able to see the mark for quite a while...just paint on your glue behind the line !! Use your lace -release to de-bond [allow it to penetrate for a minute or two] and most of the residue will be on your skin [ use your glue melter fluid on that] Apply some glue melter fluid to a bit of clean cotton cloth and dab it onto any residue on your lace...then use the mirror/glass slide to remove it fully or you can rub it off with some bubble-wrap [the material used in padded mail-envelopes]..... give it a rinse off with water....I`m not a fan of frequent shampooing of hair unless it`s actually `dirty`or has become a bit lifeless looking due to product build-up but I have often just applied some shampoo to the [damp] lace just to remove sweat-residue etc. from the lace itself ...... it`s fine to wet the hair but I personally am not a fan of daily or every 3/4 days shampooing.....it shortens the life of the hair and unless you work in a very dusty environment there`s no point.....I much prefer to mist it with water and use a daily dose of leave-in conditioner...... I got 10 months out of my last topper by taking care of it. Best wishes with your first bond...just take your time and apply about 3 layers of glue making sure to leave it go almost dry/very tacky before applying each layer...a hair -dryer can help speed it up....duration of bond varies from person to person.. so many factors affect it like your local climate, humidity, your own body make-up, sweat etc......it`s not an exact science....some people have to try different glues etc. before they find one they can `get on`with...let us know how you get on...Paul.
p.s....if you want to ensure your skin is totally clean/oil-free before you start, just give it a wipe over with a bit of glue-melter ----it`s basically alcohol --just make sure it`s completely dried off/evaporated before applying your glue or it will cause your glue to fail.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Paul In Ireland - 07-10-2011, 10:42 PM