Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
11-05-2010, 10:18 PM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
(11-05-2010, 06:47 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: i used to wear a partial like that when I first started wearing, It works good as long as you have decent hair behind it. I had crappy hair behind it but used concealers like dermmatch and pro thick and it still worked out for me till I lost too muich hair for it to look good. I think dealing with a partial can be very easy and you still have so many style options you can practically do anything.

Thats encouraging. At the moment (and hopefully for a while, fingers crossed!!) my hair other than the recession is healthy and dense, just hope it stays like that.
Im pretty active, i race motorsport and also ride bmx and mountain bikes for fun sometimes, does wearing helmets and hats and stuff affect a hairpiece at all?

Zandberg09, I actually had help from a local salon where i live, the lady there is very nice and was good enough to help me make a template, basically she pulled some plastic wrap over the front half of my head, pulled it very tight and drew the hairline i wanted, and which was straight across at the front then up to where my recession is then went straight across from the top, so it was like a rectangle strip, not very big. then put some layers of tape over it. But i have modified it so it looks similar to the red outline you have drawn on your picture. As i still have an "island" of hair in between the recession, i wanted to keep more of that hair as it is thick still. im not keeping it all as then i would have to do 2 small partials and that to me would be just to much work, id rather just one piece. So if you can, see if someone can help you out, kind of need another pair of hands to make it a bit easier. hope i helped a bit mate, also what country are you from? If you get a partial like me it would be good to chat about it as we will both be wearing a similar piece and will both be newbies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Hairlosssucks! - 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM