Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
11-04-2010, 10:08 AM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
Hello Zandberg09. Your specifications would seem fine to me ... I think you`re worrying unduly... when we talk of making templates, it normally is with a view to covering a fairly large area of the head and ---- importantly, to take on the shape and contour of a person`s head. In the case of a small partial, you really don`t have to worry about making it to the `curve`of the head as such... it`s such a small area that all you have to be concerned with is the actual area / size of your partial...... if you can imagine a person making a `full` template .... they have to use polythene wrap in large strips and covering the scalp, and tied under the chin to help hold it in place while the person marks the area with a marker.....then covering it with strips of sticky tape to give it rigidity, and finally trimming it to the final shape with scissors. It can take some time and effort.....in the case of a partial like you want, all you really need to convey to the factory is the area of the partial...the contour of the head is of little importance as the thing is so small .. which is why I think a piece of light cardboard, placed over the thinning area and trimmed to shape, then maybe wrapped with a few pieces of film / sellotape [just to give it a little ``body`` ] will do fine to convey the size you want... as to bonding....again, it`s such a small area it will be a singe to just use a few layers of glue and/ or tape ..you might like to tape the back part, and leave a few millimetres at the front for glue so any part of the hairline which might be exposed to view will not be noticeable ........I think most wearers in general like to do the very very front bit with a good glue, while using tape just behind that. Just give my suggestion a try and see how it goes....... just `mess` around with a piece of cardboard and see how you get on. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece - Paul In Ireland - 11-04-2010, 10:08 AM