Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
05-23-2010, 01:46 AM,
My quest for a partial hairpiece
Hi guys,

I'm looking to find myself a partial hairpiece. I have been reading this forum for a while, and it seems that some of you have tried those.

I'm attaching a picture of my current situation (the picture is taken after shower, and unfortunately it doesn't show the hairline very well. In fact, it might seem that I have much more hair than I actually do, and the situation in the hairline is worse than it looks in the picture.). I have roughly drawn the hairline I would like to achieve with the piece. It is just to give an idea about the situation, I will need to make exact measurements etc. when making a template.

I'm also attaching a picture of a hairstyle I would like to achieve (this one is taken from the frontpage of this website).

Then to the questions:

-Is it possible to get this kind of piece and blend it with the existing hair? (it's like a strip going across the forehead, haven't made exact measurements but it would be about half an inch in the middle and about an inch or more in the sides)
-Are there going to be attachment problems with this kind of piece?
-I would also need enough hair density on the piece as I still have thick hair in the sides and in the back.

So far, I have taken the usual route with my hairloss..when I realized my hairline was receding I started taking finasteride (been taking about 7 years already and I think it has worked pretty well in slowing the hairloss).

Couple of years ago, as the recession went further, I also started using concealers (Toppik etc.). Now I've reached the point where I can't achieve the hairstyle I would like with concealers anymore, so the next step would be using a piece or taking a transplant (which I don't want to do, and from what I understood, I couldn't get very much hair density from a transplant anyway).

So if there's any chance this kind of piece would work, I would definitely want to give it a try.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-23-2010, 05:46 AM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
Hi Zandberg,
Yes, we can do a partial like that. Your photo doesn't look like your hair line has moved back much but like you said 'it doesn't show the hair line very well.' Sometimes we do two separate partials to fill in the receding temples on each side but you if you need a single piece that will bring the front hair line forward and also fill in the temples we can do it. I will post 3 separate photos of a partial system--'before', 'during' and 'after.'
Regards,
John
11-02-2010, 06:24 AM,
Ok, now I think I'm finally done with the concealer route (now it's almost impossible to get the results I would want with the concealers), and would like to order my partial piece. I have some newbie questions on how to order my piece:

1) First the specs: would the following do the trick?
Super fine swiss lace
color: dark brown (I'll send a hair sample)
style: freestyle
density: 75-85% (I'll want good density for the hairline, should this be even more?)
Curl and Wave: body wave
length: 2"-3

2) And then the template: What's the best way to make a template for this kind of small partial? Paul suggested something like this in another thread: "piece of light cardboard such as from a breakfast cereal box, and cut a piece to approximately the size/ shape of the area you want covered...etc.". Would this be the best way to make my template?

3) Attachment: I have to admit, i haven't read much about this topic. Any ideas regarding attaching a partial piece that would point me to the right direction?

Thanks a lot in advance!
11-02-2010, 10:10 AM,
search u tube for hair template heres a link
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...plate&aq=f
all you require are scissors, cellophane,marker penn, sellotape,
my advice is to go to a salon, not a one thats going to ripp you off and tie you into a contract.
ring around hair replacement salons to compare prices,
my system costs me £200 uk pounds includes cut in &bond.
just when youre starting out you really need proffesional advice,and to be seen in person.
because what you think you need and actualy need may be two diffrent things, its amazing what a second pair of eyes tell you.
im not by any means indicating that you should stick totaly with a salon , but when youre starting out, till you find youre feet let them cut it in,bond it ect, then maybee when youre feeling more confident you could order from toplace.
i wear a partial and must say its great,a new lease of life, no more bad hair days.
and iv had compliments saying it looks great,
you'll get some great advice here
regards
anty Smile
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM,
Hi Zandberg,
Another option is to do a private webcam consultation with Debbie. She'll be able to advise you on specs and how to get the best look. The cost is $59 but you'll get a 15% discount off your first order. She's the best.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
11-02-2010, 03:29 PM,
Those small partials look amazing. I'm consulting a TL customer from here in Orlando and he is only replacing a small football sort of shape in the front.

He's a young guy who is at a point where concealers just aren't cutting it. I can't wait to see the end result in a couple of weeks.
11-03-2010, 12:10 PM,
Hey guys. im getting a partial basically exactly the same as ZandBerg09. already have a template ready to send. Hoping it will work out good. Im 23, have thick hair everywhere at the moment execpt for the recession, so sick of trying to cover my receding hairline. JRob, any hints and tips on a partial like this? Regards, Shaun.
11-03-2010, 09:38 PM,
i keep making this point,its very risky going solo with wearing right from the offsett.
yeah you'll save alot of money buying from toplace.
but theres no substitute for a one to one consultation with a hairdresser,who specalises in hair systems
.who can see you in the flesh not via web cam, with diffrent colours displayed by youre monitor , web cam,ect.
offcourse thats why you send in a hair sample.

once you know the ropes after a few weeks,months- you can, do youre own bonding , de bond
ect.
but i woudnt go solo first off, it might get you busted.
it might not, i hope it dosent.
just my opinion.
anty Smile
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM,
Hairlosssucks,

Can you help me a little bit with the template. How did you make yours?

Thanks for the other comments also. I actually went to a salon which does pieces at first (which is actually the only one we got here where I live). It is supposedly a good place which makes good pieces, but the guy refused to make a partial hairpiece, stating that it would make me look worse etc. I insisted that I want to try it anyway, as I'm not happy with my current hair, but he was so against it that I chose to let go at that point. A salon would be the best option, because I think it would be easier for me if somebody would actually show how to make the template, how to attach etc.

Webcam consultation sounds good as well...I'll need to look into that option.
11-04-2010, 06:28 AM,
(11-03-2010, 12:10 PM)Hairlosssucks! Wrote: Hey guys. im getting a partial basically exactly the same as ZandBerg09. already have a template ready to send. Hoping it will work out good. Im 23, have thick hair everywhere at the moment execpt for the recession, so sick of trying to cover my receding hairline. JRob, any hints and tips on a partial like this? Regards, Shaun.

Shaun,

Nothing complicated about it....just take your best guess at the hairline you want to achieve and make your template accordingly. Chances are if you are only covering up some recession in the hairline area you still have good side and back hair, so that makes it MUCH easier.

I have never worn a very small unit but I have seen several of them and they all look great. The less of a "horseshoe" shape you have to cover up the easier it is to pull it off. When people think "hairpiece" they don't think of only a small strip of hair in the front.