Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
10-14-2011, 04:06 AM,
RE: My quest for a partial hairpiece
what makes the hair line unnatural?
zandberg what color is your hair and your partial? because u seem worried that you can tell the difference between the patrial and your real har. also why are you nervous about the partial being more visible when you increase the size of it? you're making me nervous lol.. i decided to go with a partial too.. but when i got my template made i decided to just shave off back close to the crown and wear a topper instead because my natural hair was slightly thinning out and i thought it would look funny with healthy wig hairs mixed with dying MPB hairs. and i decided to have the topper end close to my crown with keeping some of my natural hair there too (by my crown). (i dont have any crown loss yet) now i dont know if i should be regretting this decision. I asked what color hair you have because maybe its an issue for you getting a color match? my hair is black. also i dont think il have a hairline issue of being unnatural because i completely copied my current hairline in my template. am i wrong about this too?
05-24-2012, 05:22 AM,
Update after 10 months of wearing:

I'm still wearing the small partial, and have been happy of the results most of the time. At first it really was a life changing experience, and I was able to leave all the worrying and depression in my life behind when I started wearing. It seemed like I had my life back for the first time in years.

However, my existing hair behind the partial has been thinning all along. I have been using concealers for that, but now I'm again at a situation where the concealers don't do the trick any more. I'm again dropping into depression with my hairloss. This depression comes from the fact that I'm completely aware of my hair all the time. The style just doesn't work and I look like a complete idiot when there's a small wind etc. and the thinning hair behind my piece won't stay put. This limits my life a lot, and that's one of the worst things about hairloss - the way it can consume all your energy and stop you from living your life.

So here I am again in this forum, starting this quest of a bigger partial this time...I need to shave some of the thin hair off and try again with a bigger piece. Again I feel neurotic, but I'm also hopeful because of the good result I got last time. But of course I am also scared about the fact that maybe the bigger piece won't fit, maybe it won't look natural etc....but it's good to read this forum, and the experiences others have had since I was last here. Maybe it gives me the confidence that it's still possible to do something about this problem again, and stops me from locking myself inside and avoiding people.

Time to go make a template....
05-24-2012, 05:43 AM,
i dont really see where the problem is,although i can sympathise,
just change your template to match your hairloss,if your hair loss changes you change,
it’s all do able, no need to get depressed, hide away,i did that been there,

the best solution is here, just accept the situation has changed,
you probably need to make a larger template from your hairline back a few more inches given that you may lose more hair,

just change as the situation has,
you’re in control ,
no one likes to hear someone talk of deppression,being aware of your hair all the time tell me about it,
but you know yourself the problem can be fixed and once you re order a bigger partial, etc.
you’ll be the happiest guy.

you’ve identified what’s making you unhappy, depressed,
now change it , fix it,

take that control and start planning, living, getting out and about.

Regards Anthony 