Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie wants this boards opinions! (pics)
05-10-2010, 07:11 PM,
Newbie wants this boards opinions! (pics)
Hello everyone!

I'm a total newbie and I'm hoping someone out there can help me out with getting the right hair system for me! Below are a couple of pictures of me so you can see my "case" (p.s. please forgive my terrible comb over! I'm well aware that it looks horrendous, therefore I'm here! lol) and then a couple of pictures of a hairstyle that I like and that I hope will suit me well. I've never worn (duh!) therefore I don't know anything about base systems, density %, wave, flaps, full-caps vs. toppers, etc so I'm hoping you all and can basically "order" my system for me Big Grin

Anyway, here are the pics!

[Image: me.jpg]

[Image: def.jpg]

BAM! that is terrible isn't it?! lol

And here comes a closer one that looks worse...

[Image: goof.jpg]

ok... so by now I hope you all are done laughin at my comb over! lol... Here is the style I'm looking for...

[Image: ashton_kutcher_03_012.jpg]

[Image: Guard-up--Ashton-Kutcher-Buena-Vist.jpg]

[Image: Ashton_Kutcher_USAF_crop2.jpg]

and here is what it looks like when its wet I suppose...

[Image: 2891_1_full.jpg]

So... what do you guys think? I've got a pretty big dome so I don't know if I can pull it off... please be honest out there don't worry about hurting my feelings I doubt we'll ever cross paths so I'm not too worried about what you all have to say (negatively that is Wink )...

Should I shave it all off and do a full cap? do I need flaps cause my temples are bad (but Ashton's got some receding temples too don't ya'll think?) What density would that be? Would that be freestyle? What color is MY hair? Do you guys think I have enough hair on my sides and back for this particular look?

Also, I'm pretty active... I play basketball (yes I know I don't have the athletic body type but I'm actually pretty good! Smile ), football (flag-football... lol), softball, and I like to swim... well not swim swim but I like floating around in the beach! lol... I also like going on roller-coasters!!! What type of base would be best for all that? I'm thinking French lace from what I hear because its almost as undetectable as Swiss but its sturdier...

Anyway, sorry for all the questions but thank you in advance for your responses! I want to be able to order today being that wedding season is coming up and 2 cousins and my older sister are getting married in 2 months! I don't want look at their wedding pics and see that dreaded hairstyle I have now in their pics for the rest of my life! lol... HELP!
This site is great and I'm happy to have found it!
05-10-2010, 09:58 PM,
RE: Newbie wants this boards opinions! (pics)
Smile)I hope you don't want this ashton lookSmile))
the first look of your pictures...not mine Smile i would like to achieve...with a full cap...I don't know if it is possible ...maybe st sides you have to cut it longer...i'm against hairpiece because I have still hair allover my head...but is thin...and I wouldn't like to apply tape or glue on the roots of hair...it will damage it...I'm trying to get a full cap...with a proper haircut and to tape just the edges of it...this is my plan...because I think damaging the hair follicle is not good...because in maximum 4-5 years histogen will be available...and hair multiplication in let's say maximum 10 years...if they have already started pahse 2 of trials...after this will be complete it will be the phase 3 and the approval bu fda...so maybe it will take something like 10 years! i'm not so optimistic to say 3-4 years!...so this is my plan!

Attached Files Image(s)

05-11-2010, 02:09 AM,
Wow I didnt know Ashton had a hair line like that! When were those pics of him taken?! He's had to have had some kind of transplant or something judging by the way he's wore his hair in recent films...

But no... I definitely don't want THAT hairstyle!
05-11-2010, 08:42 AM,
Anyone care to help? :/
05-11-2010, 11:20 AM,
My suggestion is use as much of your own hair as possible, and if you have hair on the crown, go for a partial topper. Looks like you will have to shave the top to get good attachment. You may want temple flaps for the style you want, but if you do, go easy on the area. With the hair you have, it would be easy to "transition" to fuller hair with a piece; it would not be hugely obvious. As for the particulars(color,density, etc.) John could guide you easily from your photos. For the base, I'd say French lace, especially if you have flaps.

As for your combover, it's not that bad, really. But I understand why you hate it. Been there.
05-11-2010, 11:28 AM,
(05-11-2010, 08:42 AM)oft02 Wrote: Anyone care to help? :/

Oft,

Most people swear by lace bases, specifically Super Fine Swiss (SFS). It's regarded as one of the most undetectable bases. Looking at your hair (side hair, since you will most likely shave the remaining hair on your head), I don't think you need to worry about body wave. Just pick straight hair. In terms of density, you DO NOT want it too dense (70% or higher). It's hard when we lose hair, so when we feel like we could get it back, we go crazy and choose a heavy density. Doing so, results in what is known and perceived as "rugs"...an obvious give-away that it's a hairpiece. For you I recommend no more than 60% density.

In terms of tapes and glues, it's just experimenting. Check out Debbie's website (there's a link on the toplace website) and you can read on the different types. Most people glue the front hairline since they feel tape is too shiny/thick etc. But it'll be up to you.

I don't think you need to concern yourself with temple flaps just yet. Starting out, the less "complicated" things are, the better. After a few months, when you are more used to wearing, you can explore further options. Most people don't include temple flaps, and they're just fine.

Also, when you make your template, don't put the hair line too low. In addition to really thick/dense pieces, people also tend to make the hair line low, which is another give-away that it's a piece. Hairline should be in proportion to the width of your head (which depends on how much side or temple hair you have).

I guess my final advice for you (for now) is to just commit. After you start wearing and going through the process, a lot of your questions will be self-answered via experience.

Good luck!!

Leamon
If I were you, here is how I would make my template.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-12-2010, 02:45 AM,
Hey mate. Looking at your pics your side and back hair is pretty good so I wouldn't go the full cap route at the moment. As its your first piece mate go for lace, it is the most undetectable. If money aint a problem get a couple, one swiss lace, one french. French is more durable but a little, and I mean a little, harder to get perfect on the hairline. I would get 65% density, it is real tempting to go heavy but don't, it will be a headache for you!!!! Your temples look ok so don't worry about flaps. I woulkd get stock pieces mate, you can get them and cut them to shape. Regarding wave, as your hair is uite short it is hard to tell but I would say to try bodywave and/or straight. Good luck mate
05-12-2010, 06:28 AM,
Thanks you guys for your help! I already sent my order in (60-65% density, body wave, sfs front with french lace)... I still have to do the template. I'm looking for the how-to video on this site but I can't find it. Also, am I suppose to receive a call from someone on toplace or do I just send the template in and have a note attached to it or something saying that this template goes with so and so's order back on May 10 or something?
05-12-2010, 08:17 AM,
(05-12-2010, 06:28 AM)oft02 Wrote: Thanks you guys for your help! I already sent my order in (60-65% density, body wave, sfs front with french lace)... I still have to do the template. I'm looking for the how-to video on this site but I can't find it. Also, am I suppose to receive a call from someone on toplace or do I just send the template in and have a note attached to it or something saying that this template goes with so and so's order back on May 10 or something?

You already sent in the order? You might want to contact John to be sure ([email protected]). He can track it for you.
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM,
IMO, you could *easily* pull off a shave job -- dude, go for the skin! It would become you (and save you scads of time and money, like forever). You've got a great shaped head plus you're dark complected. A no-brainer in my book.

A friend of a friend in his early 30s went quite bald. He shaved off the rest and now has to fight off the ladies -- really!! He, too, has a great shaped head and isn't cancer ward white.