Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profuse Shedding
05-19-2010, 06:42 AM,
RE: Profuse Shedding
It does some a small amount of oil in it but it's far down on the ingredients lists so I don't think it's much at all. Even with a leave-in conditioner it's a good idea to not put in so much that it runs down into the knots. I've used this product and I like it.
Regards,
John
11-10-2010, 07:05 PM,
I have the same problem. I use a silk pillowcase and knot sealer but still have a lot of shedding. My shedding though is more like a 'breaking' of the hair... no knots and the length of the fallen hair is shorter than rest of the hair. Any other suggestions?
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM,
Hi cintronfamily .. what you describe is not `shedding`as such ...sounds to me like the hair shaft is brittle and breaking off ....that suggests dryness, which is a major enemy of system hair over time. There are a myriad of shampoos/conditioners on the general shop shelves as we know ..it can be hard to choose one which is going to be kind to your system. I have used ``Equave 2 -phase leave-in conditioner`` [ made by Revlon] and found it good..... I recently did a thread on this page regarding Remysoft products [JRob was involved in formulating them] ....my system is sitting on a head-form in the kitchen now ready to be put on and I cannot believe how healthy and shiny the hair is looking...have only used the products twice since I got them..... I honestly could recommend them to anyone who is either having or is trying to avoid the issue you describe..... you could spend time and money `` trying out`` different bottles from various makers, and reading the small print on labels to try to spot ingredients which can damage your system..... I felt a lot more `comfortable` [for the bit more money] in sourcing a 3-product `programme` designed by a system -wearer for system hair. When I wash etc. now, I`m not wondering am I doing more harm than good..instead I`m confident that the hair is benefiting and the life of the system will be prolonged. It looks great too.....really healthy sheen to the hair. I`d be the first one to condemn a product publicly if I found it was other than fit-for-purpose, so I`m happy to give credit when it`s due.
Nobody wants the worry of the system shedding/hair breaking off and waiting for delivery of a new system --all the while, the existing one is getting worse-looking by the day.
I reckon, providing you seal the knots first day ,with knot-sealer, and don`t expose your system to frequent `harsh`wearing [such as swimming in salt /chlorinated water daily ] and use product specifically formulated for system hair, this issue should really be the exception rather than the rule for wearers..... again, just my personal experience ... others may not agree with me... I tell it as I have found it ...regards, Paul.
11-11-2010, 09:12 AM,
i thought modern hair systems, were not sealed at the factory?
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM,
Thanks Paul! I just bought PM Waxworks as recommended in other posts... let see how it works. I'll be ordering another piece and start from '0'. I also bought Infusium 23 Repair and Renew... anyone has use them before? I'll give a try to the Remysoft very soon and post my comments.
11-11-2010, 07:48 PM,
I only shampoo 1 time a week. I never rub in the shampoo I dilute it and comb it through my hair (wide tooth comb). Followed by friz-ease conditioner also combed through. I donĀ“t have shedding with this method. BTW I love Infusium23 I think its great to use and softens the hair also.