Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting the lace??
05-02-2010, 11:17 AM,
Cutting the lace??
I am def. a noob to this hair wearing game.. I was noticing that the lace is very hard to hide for me. Even with a comb down style you can see lace on the sides and the front. My question is this, can I cut some of the excess lace off to make it more realistic?? Sorry if this has been answered before in the forum I could not find it.. Thank you
05-02-2010, 11:28 AM,
RE: Cutting the lace??
Some people like to leave a little excess lace at the hairline, and I do leave some excess if the hairline is swiss lace, but if it is french lace I have to trim it all the way back to the hairline or the unit will buckle.

To answer your question- you can easily trim the lace all the way back to the hairline by combing the hair back and using a pair of scissors cut off the excess.
05-02-2010, 11:53 AM,
IT is indeed French Lace... That pretty much answers my question.. As always thanks for all the help JRob..
05-05-2010, 02:16 PM,
Just one more question... Is it advised to trim all the way around or just the front hairline?
05-06-2010, 01:39 AM,
Trim it all the way around.
08-21-2010, 01:43 AM,
Check the info link thread, there is a video there that show's how.

Yes, trim lace right up to hl, regardless of what anyone else says, you need to trim lace to hl.

That is the only way to guarantee you won't get busted. I've experimented with this extensively, being that I only use tape right to the front hairline, no glue, and I expose full hl with tape only and never been busted.

All my pics are full tape only.
08-21-2010, 04:03 AM,
when I ordered my unit, I trimmed the lace down and left only about 4mm excess at the hairline. When I attached, I could always see the lace, especially since I (up to date) never get all the hairline perfectly down (I use glue for the front).

So what I did, while it was still on my head, I pulled the hair back and trimmed it to hairline as much as possible. it looks so much better now.

I havent tried taping it though. when I did it (I had extra lace), the tape left a shine which I didnt like. I might give it a try now that its trimmed to the hairline. Good advice snipe. Smile
08-22-2010, 09:09 AM,
I trim the lace too when it is taped to my head at hl.
12-23-2010, 05:52 PM,
The problem with trimming the lace all the way to the hairline, is that when you comb the hairline you tug on the very edge of were it's glued down vs. combing just the hair when you have excess lace in front of the hairline.

Plus once the lace starts shedding, hairs start to shed off as well.

Plus, there is always a few strands of hair that never want to lay right since they are knotted right on the edge of the lace.

Just some of the downsides. Not saying that I totally advise against trimming it all the way down, b/c I've done it myself more than a few times, but there are pros and cons to doing it.
12-24-2010, 03:26 AM,
I don't have any of this problems folli olli olli...