Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a photo of color #22R hair...
04-30-2010, 01:16 PM,
a photo of color #22R hair...
Here's a photo of Didi---a great stylist in New York City. She really knows hair. She's holding an example of color #22R hair. The stock units come in 6" hair length--the ones she's holding are much longer and custom ordered. Professional stylists like to order the #22R stock units because it's a light blonde and it accepts dye really well. If a customer is in a 'pinch' and needs something quick she will pull out a #22R and dyes it to match the customers hair.
Regards,
John

Attached Files Image(s)

05-01-2010, 02:08 AM,
RE: a photo of color #22R hair...
Is it better to order a # 22, then dye it to match our own color to more effeciently hide the knots ???
05-01-2010, 07:18 AM,
Mcat,
Dying hair can be tricky if you're not used to it. Use too much and it will run down into the knots and then you've botched the mission. Some customers order just the front 1" of #22R and then dye that to their hair color. There is not extra charge for that. But unless you're really hung up on knots the factory does a great job with knot bleaching and you save yourself the hassle.
Regards,
John
05-08-2010, 03:07 AM,
Debbie sell a product to protect the knots just for this procedure.
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM,
(04-30-2010, 01:16 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Here's a photo of Didi---a great stylist in New York City. She really knows hair. She's holding an example of color #22R hair. The stock units come in 6" hair length--the ones she's holding are much longer and custom ordered. Professional stylists like to order the #22R stock units because it's a light blonde and it accepts dye really well. If a customer is in a 'pinch' and needs something quick she will pull out a #22R and dyes it to match the customers hair.
Regards,
John

I find when dying that colour to match my #7 once its all done the hair sticks ultra straight up and never goes down again and the feel is never the same again, put product in and it feels really porous...
12-06-2010, 02:56 AM,
(12-05-2010, 06:53 PM)anubi5 Wrote:
(04-30-2010, 01:16 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Here's a photo of Didi---a great stylist in New York City. She really knows hair. She's holding an example of color #22R hair. The stock units come in 6" hair length--the ones she's holding are much longer and custom ordered. Professional stylists like to order the #22R stock units because it's a light blonde and it accepts dye really well. If a customer is in a 'pinch' and needs something quick she will pull out a #22R and dyes it to match the customers hair.
Regards,
John

I find when dying that colour to match my #7 once its all done the hair sticks ultra straight up and never goes down again and the feel is never the same again, put product in and it feels really porous...

Well, you're using something really weird. I do this exact same thing, order a light colored hair and dye it. Been doing it for a few years.
No problems at all. The hair feels and acts great.
You do know that have to condition the hair immediately after you dye it, right ?

Smile
Fred
12-06-2010, 03:52 AM,
(12-06-2010, 02:56 AM)FredTJ Wrote:
Regards,
John

Well, you're using something really weird. I do this exact same thing, order a light colored hair and dye it. Been doing it for a few years.
You do know that have to condition the hair immediately after you dye it, right ?

Smile
Fred

Yeah, I usually garnier something. Free of amonia I think. its got bamboo extract in it or something??? But the smell never goes away after I have coloured and it smell like chemical, not nice. I think I have used another brand once before and it was the same. What brand do you use?
12-06-2010, 06:30 AM,
(12-06-2010, 03:52 AM)anubi5 Wrote:
(12-06-2010, 02:56 AM)FredTJ Wrote:
Regards,
John

Smile
Fred

Yeah, I usually garnier something. Free of amonia I think. its got bamboo extract in it or something??? But the smell never goes away after I have coloured and it smell like chemical, not nice. I think I have used another brand once before and it was the same. What brand do you use?

I use the Wella products.
Certainly one of the best available.

Smile
Fred