Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a funny thing happened on the way...
09-28-2009, 03:26 AM,
a funny thing happened on the way...
I was out and about yesterday when it was pointed out to me that I had a "string" on the back of my head. I was hoping it was truly a string, but I was thinking it might be worse---a piece of thread from the base. Luckily I was in the company of someone I have been open with about wearing. So I asked her to try to take the "string" off. It quickly became apparent that it was stuck to my head and obviously then a thread from the base. Of course I couldn't see it myself, it being on the back of my head and not being at home where I could use 2 mirrors to view it (and then use scissors to cut off the thread). So I asked her to put my fingers on it. When I pulled on it, I could feel the hairpiece tighten up like a drawstring being pulled. The thread became longer from pulling. Of course I stopped and then tried to hold the thread with one hand close to the base so that wouldn't happen again. With the other hand I ripped the string as close to the base as possible. I didn't want to detach for another few days, so this was the best I could do. My attempt was successful and the thread was now out of obvious view--and no damage to the base. This was not a big deal to me, but it could have been more of an issue if I was in the company of someone who wasn't in the know about my hair. That person might have offered to pull off the string, which could have been awkward when it didn't come off. This is the only time I'm aware that this has happened to me in many years of wearing, but it hasn't been that long since the factory has been using those circular thread patterns in the base construction (as pointed out by Gel several months back.) I'm not sure how I'd deal with this situation if it wasn't someone I wanted to tell about my hairwearing. And of course I wouldn't be able to remove it myself unless I was at home with 2 mirrors. Could be a bit embarrassing. :oops: Maybe I'd lie and say that I had a cyst removed from my head so I have a few stitches there. Other ideas?
09-28-2009, 05:03 AM,
Re: a funny thing happened on the way...
Id tell them to pull my string, then id fart
09-28-2009, 05:33 AM,
Think you have made a important thread Dino, It is imperetive that us hairwearers check front back and sides before we venture out as like you say it is impossible to see what is behind the head without the 2 mirrors.
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Id tell them to pull my string, then id fart

LMAO!!!
09-29-2009, 11:36 AM,
BA707 Wrote:Think you have made a important thread Dino, It is imperetive that us hairwearers check front back and sides before we venture out as like you say it is impossible to see what is behind the head without the 2 mirrors.

I don't think Dino made the thread, it came from his system

Actually, in all honesty, this post has left me scared
09-29-2009, 11:53 AM,
when BA said "thread" he is talking about the "TOPIC THREAD" . A "THREAD" on a message board, forum, blog is a TOPIC....he was referring to the topic of conversation ....not the thread on Dino's head.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
09-29-2009, 02:39 PM,
I wouldn't worry too much Diego. I would say that it's a good idea to inspect the piece quickly for loose threads before applying the piece. Maybe takes 20 seconds. Then always check a mirror (including the back) after brushing or combing the piece. And while brushing, be mindful of where on the piece you have those circular thread patterns and try not to dig too deeply with the brush or comb. That way you tend not to snag the thread, like I must have done.
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM,
DebbieS. Wrote:when BA said "thread" he is talking about the "TOPIC THREAD" . A "THREAD" on a message board, forum, blog is a TOPIC....he was referring to the topic of conversation ....not the thread on Dino's head.
DebbieS.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- m -->

I think you missed the joke Debbie.. lol