Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a newbie. Thanks for any feedback!
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM,
RE: Questions from a newbie. Thanks for any feedback!
G2BG does not apply like regular glue. You apply it to your bare, dry scalp thicker than glue, thick enough for it to seep a bit through the lace but not too thick to make a wad in your hair later. And you don't let it dry; apply the lace while it is still tacky. What I do is I apply it in a thick perimeter; others apply it over their whole scalp. I position my unit while it is tacky, and press it in with a towel - others use a comb or brush to prevent too much seepage into the lace. After that, you can blow dry COOL or let it air dry for a few minutes before styling. It is so easy. To detach and clean, while showering let water soak it for a few minutes and remove. You can feel it let go with a good soaking. I will sometimes apply shampoo to the unit while I'm detaching ; the shampoo helps break down the G2BG quicker. Anyway, once you get it off, rinse the remains off from the lace side. After showering, I wrap it in a towel while I prepare my scalp. I usually dry the lace only with a COOL blow dry, and then position the unit. If you make a mistake in positioning, and you have the time, detach, clean, and reattach. This AM I showered, did a detach/reattach, shampoo, Back2Natural treatment, and styled in 25 minutes. I do have some lift in the front after about 2 days, but I do a touch up. I usually go 3-4 days before detach. Some people can go longer, depending on their activities. Some use it as a daily attachment. Three-four days is fine for me.

G2BG attachments are NOT to everyone's taste. Since it is water soluble, swimming and water sports are out. Light rain is okay, and you can spritz your hair with water for styling. It may not give the security of a tape or glue, but I have come to like it. And I used to bond for 4-6 weeks, changing the front tape weekly. When it dries, it is HARD and is more secure than you think. It takes a pretty good soaking to release. AND NO RESIDUE. No mirror slide, no solvent soak, no chemicals. Just water.

Leamon's post about G2BG was what got me to try it, and if you search, he has a more thorough thread about it. Mr. New York has an earlier post about stress testing G2BG with workouts and heavy sweating. Leamon's thread also has a photo of the product.

If you try it, be sure you apply it thick enough to work. Too thin, or letting it dry first won't work. If it's not to your liking , that's fine, too. It's another option for wearing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions from a newbie. Thanks for any feedback! - mcnash - 04-25-2010, 11:00 PM