Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of clipper cut before finishing off with razor comb
09-29-2009, 05:18 AM,
Re: Photos of clipper cut before finishing off with razor comb
Great job. My compliments. How short did you cut the hair? What number guard?
09-29-2009, 11:20 PM,
ravid,

I actually use the blue malva shampoo- have not seen the black one. It seems to be the blue and violet dies that tone down the brassiness. any mall salon will have this product by Aveda...I see it everywhere...salons that sell products (they all seem to). Yes I saturate the HP with the Blue Malva or Debbies color correct shampoo but hers only comes in tiny bottles that are a bit expensive but they work as well...leave it on 20 min. If you just shampoo with it you won't (i didn't) see any benefit.
09-29-2009, 11:23 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Great job. My compliments. How short did you cut the hair? What number guard?

6 on sides and back perimeter...7 front......4 crown
10-01-2009, 05:44 AM,
wait so you cut the system hair with a number four? Thats pretty damn short. Im assuming your crown is the system?
10-01-2009, 02:31 PM,
Hi Jeff you wrote
I actually use the blue malva shampoo- have not seen the black one. It seems to be the blue and violet dies that tone down the brassiness. any mall salon will have this product by Aveda...I see it everywhere...salons that sell products (they all seem to). Yes I saturate the HP with the Blue Malva or Debbies color correct shampoo but hers only comes in tiny bottles that are a bit expensive but they work as well...leave it on 20 min. If you just shampoo with it you won't (i didn't) see any benefit.

Did you know that they make a conditoner to go with the shampoo, i would think that it would be better to leave that on your hair once a week , maybe during detachment instead of saturating your hairpiece with the shampoo. They also have the Black Malva that i mentioned that is for brown and black hair to get rid of red tones, i bet that might work well. I use Back 2 natural right now but might try the Black Malva shampoo and conditioner next. Just google Aveda Black Malva
10-01-2009, 06:28 PM,
The colour and cut-in and realism looks great. But I don't get it, you can plainly and obviously see lace at the front. I know you said you "apply more base bond or toothpick it" ... what does that mean? Do you intend to do that and just haven't done it yet, or what?

I would have a hard time walking around with lace that plainly visible...
10-02-2009, 05:59 AM,
matthewmatthews Wrote:The colour and cut-in and realism looks great. But I don't get it, you can plainly and obviously see lace at the front. I know you said you "apply more base bond or toothpick it" ... what does that mean? Do you intend to do that and just haven't done it yet, or what?

I would have a hard time walking around with lace that plainly visible...

i cant see it point it out
10-02-2009, 06:01 AM,
Hate to rain on the parade, but I think the piece is a shade (very slight) darker than the natural sides. There is also some detectable blending issues where the piece meets the side hair.
10-02-2009, 06:23 AM,
tko123 Wrote:Hate to rain on the parade, but I think the piece is a shade (very slight) darker than the natural sides. There is also some detectable blending issues where the piece meets the side hair.

i think out on the streets no one would give a second glance . but we no its a piece so we find fault
10-02-2009, 06:42 AM,
Any color difference is too negligible for anyone to notice, unless you are looking specifically to find a flaw