Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I know if I have an allergic reaction?
04-20-2010, 03:09 AM,
How do I know if I have an allergic reaction?
I'm a first time wearer. I have a topper, and I went to a salon to have it bonded. The lady used glue first then a tape. Well, the first two days were fine...other than I'm very aware I'm wearing something and that something is taped to my head. But then yesterday (3rd) day, I started feeling itching and discomfort. Also...she shaved the top of my head...well, not a clean shave..she used clippers and if I touch the top of my head, I feel a little sting from my hair that's been clipped underneath so I'm not sure if I'm having an allergic reaction to either the glue or tape and not sure what I can do. My scalp doesn't look read (but then again, I have tape/glue over the area. Any advice??
04-20-2010, 06:11 AM,
RE: How do I know if I have an allergic reaction?
Hi Tryintodeal,
I doubt if it's an allergic reaction. If you got by the first 2 days without any discomfort I don't think an allergic reaction would affect you on day 3. It could be that the hair that was shaved is growing back and that's causing the itch. Debbie always advises people to do a test patch on their skin before trying a new glue or tape to test for allergic reactions.
Another possibility is that when the hair was shaved she may have cut you and a scab is forming and that's causing the itch. I'm no doctor but without lifting your hair piece and actually seeing what's going on with your scalp it's just an educated guess.
Good luck.
John
04-20-2010, 07:01 PM,
John....thanks for the reply..you know..she didn't actually shave my hair...she just used a trimmer or electric razor, not sure what you call those...but I still had "stubble" after she cut the hair off and I can feel it when I touch my head through the lace. Wonder if that's what's bother me...but...most of the pain is in the areas where I have glue/tape. Don't remember if I said this in my original post, but she applied a glue first, then doublestick tape.
05-05-2010, 04:53 AM,
(04-20-2010, 07:01 PM)tryintodeal Wrote: John....thanks for the reply..you know..she didn't actually shave my hair...she just used a trimmer or electric razor, not sure what you call those...but I still had "stubble" after she cut the hair off and I can feel it when I touch my head through the lace. Wonder if that's what's bother me...but...most of the pain is in the areas where I have glue/tape. Don't remember if I said this in my original post, but she applied a glue first, then doublestick tape.

Actually it can take a couple of days for a reaction from the tape to occur. You should get piece of the kind of tape she used to do a allergic test on one arm and a sample of the glue she used and put it on the other arm (inner elbow ) Allergic reactions can also take some time to show up, you have to just experiment and see what works for you. From this forum and others it seems that the Super Tape is now causing a lot of allergic reactions to occur even though "we" have been told there has been no change in its formula....

I know this sounds ridiculous but the Got2be glued spiking glue/gel for a 4-5 day hold (for me) has been AWSOME no allergic reactions attaches the topper in 3 minutes, comes off in the shower and clean up takes under a couple of minutes for me. The tapes were great but I developed an allergic reaction to all of them (oh st-30 where art thou ..lol ) Actually I like the got2B much better now than the st-30 tape although I will have to use a tape if I ever go swimming with the topper on.