Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
liquid band-aid
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM,
liquid band-aid
I used liquid bandaid for a small laceration on my hand today.
It is a very interesting substance that dries up quickly and is medically sound.
I wonder if anybody uses this for their attachment regimen to cover up any inperfections on the lace front.
I must say though that it does have some shine on my skin.

Go Colts!
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM,
Re: liquid band-aid
If you go to the old Toplace forum and search for "liquid bandage" (include the quote marks) you'll find a whole lot of posts on the subject, going back about three years:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/search">http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/search</a><!-- m -->
09-30-2009, 12:25 AM,
I have used NuSkin liguid bandage for the last 5 years before attaching. I use 2 layers in the front, drying each thin layer with a blow dryer. It is better than anything else I've ever tried !
Tony
09-30-2009, 02:03 AM,
how long does it last you
09-30-2009, 04:32 AM,
devildan58 Wrote:I have used NuSkin liguid bandage for the last 5 years before attaching. I use 2 layers in the front, drying each thin layer with a blow dryer. It is better than anything else I've ever tried !
Tony

Same here Dan, It doubles my bonding time.
09-30-2009, 05:36 AM,
Do you use it first before you apply the glue or is this the only adhesive you use for the front hairline? Thanks
09-30-2009, 05:55 AM,
midwestfarmboy Wrote:Do you use it first before you apply the glue or is this the only adhesive you use for the front hairline? Thanks

You put it on BEFORE the glue mate, What it does is act as a barrier between the scalp and glue so it helps stop
the scalp oils breaking up the bond, So in turn giving you a longer hold before the lace starts to lift.
09-30-2009, 06:45 AM,
thanks BA for the reply...it does make sense to seal the scalp so to speak. hey thanks I will have to give it a go!
09-30-2009, 07:47 AM,
midwestfarmboy Wrote:thanks BA for the reply...it does make sense to seal the scalp so to speak. hey thanks I will have to give it a go!

Put it on thinly mate and allow to dry.

Let us know if it works well for you.
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM,
I experimented with it on my scalp.
It has insane shine after it dries.
The next day it started to flake off my head.

I only put one layer of the liquid bandaid.

BA, do you use this for the front hairline? How do you dull the shine?
Thanks,
jim