Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope to get the new web site up tomorrow...
04-09-2010, 01:23 PM,
Hope to get the new web site up tomorrow...
....if everything goes as planned. If it comes together (seems like there's always changes) we'll have to take down the forum for a couple of hours while we do a data dump from the old forum to the new forum. The new site will be up---it's just that the forum will be inoperable for a while. Thanks for your patience---it will be worth it.
Regards,
John
04-13-2010, 11:54 PM,
RE: Hope to get the new web site up tomorrow...
(04-09-2010, 01:23 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: ....if everything goes as planned. If it comes together (seems like there's always changes) we'll have to take down the forum for a couple of hours while we do a data dump from the old forum to the new forum. The new site will be up---it's just that the forum will be inoperable for a while. Thanks for your patience---it will be worth it.
Regards,
John

John, no offense meant but what is different and what is "worth it" on this new site?

It looks the same to me just spiffy graphics and pictures of guys who don't wear in the banner. The forum is the only new thing here and it's a nice port, but now it's a smaller area and is harder to read.
The ordering is the same, the gallery is the same (except it works) the only thing I see that is different is the style of the texts and the graphics, even the drop downs are the same.

Again, I am not trying to be an ass, but there isn't anything different really, I am dissapointed Sad
04-14-2010, 12:49 AM,
Well if I'm being honest, I have to say that the new site looks pretty amazing to me! It blew my socks off so much initially that I thought it was a different company stealing the toplace identity lol... The formatting is really professional, and the TL logo looks very good indeed. It was definitely "worth it" IMHO, as now TL has a site that can rival the other big hitters in HR Smile In the past, the TL site always looks a little inferior to HD, HWL, Farrell, CP, etc.

Sure, a lot of the core content is the same. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That stuff works fine and didn't need to be changed really.
04-14-2010, 02:35 AM,
I've gotten a lot of really good comments on the new site. There's still a few bugs to work out yet. The old site was a template design and this is a true custom design. It's a cleaner and fresher look. I hope everyone likes it.
Regards,
John
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM,
just checked in after not visiting for a few weeks and i kinda have to agree with john d. The new skin looks better, but what we really need is more education. kinda leaves me wanting more. please understand, no offense intended - just keeping it real.

any plans to add videos or instructional articles? Also noticed the new store area. do you plan on adding products to it in the future?
04-15-2010, 01:10 AM,
Hi Jimbo,
Yes, we'll add instructional videos and articles in the future. Getting information to the customers is important. And if any customer wants to submit an instructional video we'll be able to post it. We will be adding new products as we find worthwhile and effective products. The techies are still working on getting the 'kinks' out and we're looking forward to moving ahead.
Thanks for your input.
Regards,
John
04-15-2010, 01:10 AM,
Hey, I think the new look is nice. Very clean and much more "class" as opposed to the old one. Although I do agree dudes not wearing should not be on the banner. Mr Burns (I believe) is always a perfect example of what Toplace is!
M.
04-15-2010, 09:23 AM,
(04-15-2010, 01:10 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Hi Jimbo,
Yes, we'll add instructional videos and articles in the future. Getting information to the customers is important. And if any customer wants to submit an instructional video we'll be able to post it. We will be adding new products as we find worthwhile and effective products. The techies are still working on getting the 'kinks' out and we're looking forward to moving ahead.
Thanks for your input.
Regards,
John

nice. look forward to it. a cool look is well... cool, but i think most of us nube's crave your professional expertise more than anything else.
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM,
I like the new look. Smile Had to do a google search for the new site because I had the old one in my list of favorites. When I clicked on the old site it pretty much took me to a blank page.
04-17-2010, 02:07 PM,
We've got a lot of really excellent hair wearers on this site and we can all share our tips and experience. Losing your hair changes your life and getting it back changes it again---for the better!
Regards,
John