Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dying gray hair
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM,
Dying gray hair
If you dont want gray in your piece, and you dont want gray on your natural side hair, then what's the best way to achieve an all around color match. I presently only have a few gray hairs. Just use Grecian formula on the few gray hairs? I shouldnt need to dye the whole head, since the piece should match my natural hair color.
09-28-2009, 02:10 PM,
Re: Dying gray hair
Lets assume that the piece has 10% gray.
Lets also assume that your natural hair is 20% gray.
You should color your natural hair here and there. . . Don't totally cover up all your gray.
Make sure you allow some gray on your temples to sell the illusion.
Thats my 2 cents.
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM,
so even if you cant visually detect gray in your hair its still possible there is gray in your hair? Does everyone have some gray in their hair that isnt visible?
09-28-2009, 11:08 PM,
I've been coloring my hair and piece with Just For Men Beard color for years.
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM,
Quote:I've been coloring my hair and piece with Just For Men Beard color for years.

Hey Snipe do you color all your natural growing hair with jfm beard and mustache? What percentage gray is your natural hair?

Thanks
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM,
once your gray grows out on the natural sides, you of course dye that part but would you need another dye job on the piece too?
09-29-2009, 12:39 PM,
I dye all my hair and the piece when it needs it.

My front side hair is really gray.

I will be posting bald gray/salt and pepper pics and template pics soon and let toplace forum members design my gray piece, I'm going gray with my next piece.