Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
10-04-2009, 01:21 AM,
Re: Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
Newhair,

I had 2 pieces cut-in on the same day. The first piece was cut a bit more drastic than the way I have been wearing my natural hair. So, we scrapped that one and the stylist cut-in the 2nd piece to resemble my normal hair style. I told my fiancee about a week before I had the cut-in that I was going thru with it. She has been the MOST supportive. She even offered to help me put it on (told her I never wanted her to see me bald, so I declined that help Wink ). Anyway, I asked her to be my hair critic and to let me know when it doesn't look "right." I think I have finally gotten the hang of styling it. Yesterday she said it looked like my hair has always looked. She said she could absolultey not tell it wasn't my real hair. And she is telling the truth and would let me know if it didn't look right. In just 2 weeks of wearing, my confidence has soared.
I am very self aware of my hair and when I've been in close conversation with people, I have not yet had someone stare or look at my hair funny. The only comments have been from a few people who like the "wet look" I sometimes have when I spray leave in conditioner on my hair when it is still wet.

All this to say, I am so relieved. I obcessed about it EVERYDAY for months before I made the big leap and went for the cut-in. My experience has been very good. I used to read this site daily, looking for similar stories and looking for the latest pics to help me gain the needed confidence to go thru with it. I am glad that I did. This site has been wonderful. I think the pics which have helped me the most are those of Mr. Burns. I've seen his hair from very early days of wearing to now. It looks fantastic and helped me a great deal.

I hope this "testamony" helps you and others.

~Encouraged

Messages In This Thread
Cold feet before the BIG DAY ... - Newhair - 10-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Re: Cold feet before the BIG DAY ... - Encouraged - 10-04-2009, 01:21 AM