Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
10-02-2009, 02:23 AM,
Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
Hi there,

My piece is ready but I keep postponing THE DAY .... I'm just getting cold feet ...

I have been using concealers for the past 3 years and it has been working amazingly for me, however for the past 2-3 months since I keep losing hair, I can't apply properly it on the hairline area anymore since there's not enough hair left, it's becoming more and more obvious and people can see the stuff like black dirt on my scalp...

So a couple of months a go I went to a place to order my first piece, now its been ready for almost a month but I keep postponing my appointments to get it on....

So in a way the transition shouldn't be that dramatic since people are used to see me with 'hair', I'm also aware I wont be able to wear my hair the same style as I used to with the concealer all back and definitely people will notice I suddenly have way more hair...

I guess most of the wearers had those thoughts before the big DAY when they first put it on ... how did you cope with it? What was the reaction of your family, friends and co-workers when they first saw you with your new hair?

Many thanks...
10-02-2009, 02:30 AM,
Re: Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
Hi mate

Saw your post after I posted. Check out my thread. I'm a week-old wearer. Hope it helps you.

Regards
10-02-2009, 04:18 AM,
I think people who see you every day will know for sure.
Only way to fool would be to start with ultra low density and slowly increase coverage over 6 or 12 month period.
10-03-2009, 10:23 AM,
I've been wearing for just over 2 weeks. Did my first removal, cleaning and reattachment last Saturday. Will do my second one tomorrow. I wore concealers for about 8 years. Some days my hair looked decent, some days I thought it was beginning to look unnatural and wondered if in my efforts to conceal... I was actually making it look more obvious that I was losing hair. I can completely understand the feeling of cold feet. I had that off and on and finally just did it! After 2 weeks of styling challenges, today, I look in the mirror and think, WOW, what took me so long!!! The hair looks really good, no one has said a word (except for when I wear the "wet look" and they are not used to seeing me like that). No more messing with concealers. I feel like I have my hair back again and I'm loving it.

I hope this post helps some!

~E
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM,
Thanks for your reply and advise...

Since you were using concelears so you kind of showed you had some kind of hair, was the transition dramatic? Did you manage to keep a similar hair style with the systeem?
10-04-2009, 01:21 AM,
Newhair,

I had 2 pieces cut-in on the same day. The first piece was cut a bit more drastic than the way I have been wearing my natural hair. So, we scrapped that one and the stylist cut-in the 2nd piece to resemble my normal hair style. I told my fiancee about a week before I had the cut-in that I was going thru with it. She has been the MOST supportive. She even offered to help me put it on (told her I never wanted her to see me bald, so I declined that help Wink ). Anyway, I asked her to be my hair critic and to let me know when it doesn't look "right." I think I have finally gotten the hang of styling it. Yesterday she said it looked like my hair has always looked. She said she could absolultey not tell it wasn't my real hair. And she is telling the truth and would let me know if it didn't look right. In just 2 weeks of wearing, my confidence has soared.
I am very self aware of my hair and when I've been in close conversation with people, I have not yet had someone stare or look at my hair funny. The only comments have been from a few people who like the "wet look" I sometimes have when I spray leave in conditioner on my hair when it is still wet.

All this to say, I am so relieved. I obcessed about it EVERYDAY for months before I made the big leap and went for the cut-in. My experience has been very good. I used to read this site daily, looking for similar stories and looking for the latest pics to help me gain the needed confidence to go thru with it. I am glad that I did. This site has been wonderful. I think the pics which have helped me the most are those of Mr. Burns. I've seen his hair from very early days of wearing to now. It looks fantastic and helped me a great deal.

I hope this "testamony" helps you and others.

~Encouraged
10-04-2009, 03:23 AM,
Hi encouraged

Mind sharing the specs of your piece?

Thanks!
10-04-2009, 04:45 AM,
Drogster,

Sure, it is a medium-light density, all lace.

~E
10-04-2009, 03:02 PM,
I have nothing to add to this topic.....but just wanted to say this is a very nice thread!! a newbie helping another fellow newbie!! THIS is what it's all about!! I love the forum for this very reason. good luck , guys.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
10-08-2009, 09:41 AM,
When I got the call from the stylist that my 1st piece was ready, I booked the appt. for the next day.

I had been mentally preparing for it for a while, and I was so tired of wearing conealers and wanted that full head of hair.

i was very nervous, but just figured the sooner I did it the quicker it would be over.

That thing looked like a TOUPEE- everyone knew.

But the funny thing was, I had no clue, and I just loved having a full head of hair again.

All of my friends and family were very supportive, and never told me how bad it looked because they saw how happy I was.

Then about 2 months later, it started to shed quickly, and I had to do something, so I found TL and never looked back.

Then I told everyone I don't see on a regular basis that I got transplants, and to this day that's what everyone thinks I have.

So the bottom line is, just do it.

I guarantee it will look better than the concealer does, you'll be able to live life again after the adjustment period, and just grow some facial hair right now to take attention away from your head.

Trust me, once you do it, you'll wonder why you used the concealer's for so long.