Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
10-30-2009, 09:50 AM,
Re: Cold feet before the BIG DAY ...
im using Concealers, bout 7 years now but hair density i going, and you need hair for the nano fibres to bond onto,umm, im looking into wearing a hair system, there not wiggs there 21st century works of hi tech art,illusion,
i see old men , wearing such terrible pieces and i think no wonder so many people have a backward opinion of systems, but i suppose they don’t spot the systems so they really don’t know how far hair systems have come, if you use terminology like wig, you’re ignorant of today’s technology.
anyway I’m just about holding on to my hair, using my medium brown Concealers and would like to whole heartedly say when the time comes I’ll make the leap, thanks to the comments and pics I’ve seen on this forum.
i know a hell of a lot more now than i ever did before thanks to top lace.
and believe me i know the feeling of seeing my hair headline bald, and then concealed,
the confidence it gives you, the new life, i think only sufferers can tell you this feeling, it’s very easy to say aghh, just shave it off,in practice for many that would be like cutting you’re arm off,
10-30-2009, 04:06 PM,
Hey I know how you feel man. I've been wearing for about 2 weeks. Like some of the people have already said.. the people you see everyday,like the ppl you work with, are probly going to know something is different. not neccessarily that you're wearing hair but they will notice something different.They just wont be sure what. I had been on vacation for a couple of weeks and I had mine put on right after i got back. My gf never knew. The people at work knew something was different. I just told them i've been doing those laser treatments so my hair is growing back faster than normal. The trick is not to tell too much information. They dont need more than a one sentence response. Anything more and you'l seem like you're trying to cover over something. Just be ultra confident about you're hair cause believe me its gonna look good.
10-31-2009, 07:09 AM,
Hey, totally understand how you're feeling, but I think you've just got to prepare yourself for the new life and the joy you will feel having hair. Amazing how folks with hair will just take for granted that they have it, whilst us receders have all this hard work of concealers etc just to feel we look ok.
I'm about to start wearing, ordered and waiting, like you, a bit nervous but mostly excited. I was getting fed up of having to take 30mins to 'do' my hair and direct it into a pattern that doesn't look too much like a comb-over, or horrible side-sweep etc, then you've got wind and such things. It got to a stage where I decided to stay in because it was too windy, and I knew I couldn't ware a hat if we went outside because I'd have to take it off to get into a few places, then I thought, it's time for a system.

I've been growing my hair a bit recently, and wearing a lot of caps quite often. I've also been made unemployed recently, but had an interivew yesterday, so my friends have seen me with longish hair or with the cap, and the concealers etc. I'm hoping once the systems arrive, it'll help blend it in, get a short hair cut, been working out/losing weight, and growing some stubble round the face.

I don't honestly think people examine hair as much as we do on here. We are subconcious about it, but I think folk who have a lot of it are not. I remember once I had a hair accident and tried to cut my own hair but ended up shaving it too far in. So, I had to just shave it off, and it showed off my V-shaped recession - People would comment on it, Even was called 'Andre Aggasi' at one point Big Grin but as soon as the hair grew back, I remember we were talkign about baldness one night in a bar with my friends, and they all agreed that all of us had good hair for ages, (mines heavily disguised through combing it down) forgetting that 4months previous I had a V on my head.
11-02-2009, 07:48 AM,
I tell you! The feeling of having a full head of hair is awesome! When I wore my first hair piece a few months ago, it was like I was a new person. I felt like the curse of being bald was gone.Even the bald spôt on the right side of my head seemed to dissappear into the hair piece,
magnificent!
The only thing that ruined my hairpiece was the poly at the back of my hair piece,somehow I sweated it off. Besides that, the durability of my hairpiece was top notch! Next time I will get an all french lace unit with different specs.
Anyways on to the subject of having cold feet, it took me two weeks to put my hairpiece on from when I received it, I feared the change because I was bald for ten years before wearing a hairpiece, it was a big change! and the experience was worth the little money that I payed for it from Toplace. Currently I have hair at the back and the sides of my head and it is growing in nicely,its almost braidable lol, I feel I look better with hair than without it.
My advice for those who got cold feet about wearing their first hairpiece, I say just do it! You could have one of the best days of your life!