Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Tape and Glue Together?
03-27-2010, 03:09 PM,
Using Tape and Glue Together?
I'm trying to figure out the best way to make the edge of my unit undetectable to the touch. For example, if someone is running their fingers though my hair, I'd like it to be as undetectable as possible. I realize it won't be completely undetectable, but I'd like to get as close to that as possible. I was wondering if using glue around the very edge of the piece, with tape behind the glue, does a good job of making the edges flush against the skin better. Right now I use French Lace. Thanks for any input.
03-28-2010, 01:02 AM,
Re: Using Tape and Glue Together?
Hi Hairypalm,
Getting the tape right up to the edge of the base can be tricky. And if you do get it there then in time the unit can move as the adhesion on the tape breaks down. The longer you go without changing the tape, of course, the more breakdown and movement you'll get. On areas like the back and sides that aren't visible I put the tape right up to the edge of the base. But on the hairline I set the tape back about 1/8" and then glue the the edge down. This provides for an undetectable attachment. Another advantage of doing this on the hair line is that it provides a smoother transition that just putting the tape to the very front of the base.
Regards,
John
03-28-2010, 01:39 AM,
Thanks for the response, John. I actually wear my unit behind a transplanted hairline. I'm sure I would have started using glue up front a long time ago if I had an exposed hairline. Can you speak to whether the the glue allows for a smoother feeling to the touch of the transition from scalp to unit? Thanks.
03-28-2010, 02:55 AM,
Although the tape is very thin the glue still provides the smoothest transition.