Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freestyle. Flatback, Side part, what works for you?
10-05-2009, 08:57 AM,
Freestyle. Flatback, Side part, what works for you?
I currently order freestyle and wear my hair parted off-center right. Eventually, there are spots that won't cooperate and not lay smooth. Sometimes the part gets thin before anywhere else. Is there an advantage to ordering it made with a right part? (any pictures of what this looks like?)Will this make the piece take my style easier? Will this still be able to do a natural brush back look with a soft part too?
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM,
Re: Freestyle. Flatback, Side part, what works for you?
hairagain Wrote:I currently order freestyle and wear my hair parted off-center right. Eventually, there are spots that won't cooperate and not lay smooth. Sometimes the part gets thin before anywhere else. Is there an advantage to ordering it made with a right part? (any pictures of what this looks like?)Will this make the piece take my style easier? Will this still be able to do a natural brush back look with a soft part too?

Having it made with a part near enough locks it in at that part and its more difficult to then part it elsewhere.

I will post a photo later tonight when I get back.
10-05-2009, 02:26 PM,
Thank you. I am wondering ordering the next with a side part would make the moring ritual easier. Free style is not as free style as I want it to be. I get a direction which is usally fighting me , but if a side part looks like its plastered, then it would not be for me either...
10-05-2009, 04:50 PM,
hairagain Wrote:Thank you. I am wondering ordering the next with a side part would make the moring ritual easier. Free style is not as free style as I want it to be. I get a direction which is usally fighting me , but if a side part looks like its plastered, then it would not be for me either...

You could just go with a injected part with the lace base like this one :

Attached Files Image(s)

10-05-2009, 06:02 PM,
Hairagain... what difficulties do you have with freestyle in regards to parting?

I notice with freestyle and the body wave, it sometimes likes to lean to one side when I spike it up. Do you notice it is doing that with your part? Perhaps a bit too much of a body wave?

If so, a forum member mentioned a straightening solution sold at Sally Beauty Supply.
10-06-2009, 12:56 AM,
BA what is an Injected part? I like all French lace so far or maybe I am just used to it...I do like the look of the picture, it stays neat I think...My goal is to wash, dry, add a little leave in conditioner and get my day started. I am spening WAY to much time on my hair...

I wear my hair 3 to 4 inches in length, on top and shorter around the perimiter. I am the one that straightens. My hair is STRAIGHT, so even a slight body wave with some length will not match my own hair but I fix that by straigtening. If I dont, when the hair is dry I get waves with very straight sides and back. The problem with a part, on a smooth hairstyle is it does not stay smooth for very long, after a few weeks, it has a mind of its own so I was wondering if ordering with a part would solve the problem. I get separations in the part, I get thin spots in the part, after about a month, the density on the current one is to thin in the front, with a constant bump in the middle and thin at the crown. This is my 4 unit and this has happened to my part each time, It get thin, and get bumps. The hair has sort of a cowlick thing going on...

Most people seem to be wearing a short spiky look, which can hide certain issues. I wear a "business mans" cut sometimes a crisp part, sometimes swept back like in this picture.... but I ALWAYS wear my hair very neat.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-07-2009, 07:50 AM,
?!
10-09-2009, 04:05 AM,
Hello, HairAgain--

I'm in the same boat. The very best unit I've ever had was ordered with a part. I'm a daily attachment guy (I don't wear 24-7), so with that particular unit I could wash it, throw in some leave in conditioner, and then give the thing a shake or two and everything fell into place. The thing is, without help it's difficult to articulate to the factory just where the part is to lie. And there's nothing worse than a part that's off. You can have a perfect unit otherwise, and if the part is off . . . forget it. My belief is that if you're going to have a factory installed part, a template is mandatory because you've got to indicate precisely where the part goes. If you don't, it's going to be off. And just FYI - - my Pharrell person used to tell me that there were variations on the basic part. If you want skin to show, then it's considered a part; however, if you just want hair going in a certain direction without skin showing, it's referred to as a break. Every factory has its own terminology, so be sure you confirm that lingo before using it. Best of luck.
10-09-2009, 12:22 PM,
Flatback at the front (some vendors call it pompador) and freestyle the rest is what I prefer on my full caps.

The advantage of freestyle is that if it starts to thin out too much in on area you can easily change the way you comb the hair to hide the affected area. I find that if I comb it to the right for a couple of months I invariably get shedding along the break line. Combing it to the left covers this up and extends the life of the unit for a few more weeks.