Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for full cap threads....
10-05-2009, 05:40 PM,
Searching for full cap threads....
I am having a heck of a time searching for information on full caps. I am switching to a full cap after wearing a topper for 3 years, and I am trying to find threads that explain the differences and the new challenges i will be encountering -- specifically about which tape to use, and how to apply it. However "full cap" is too general to produce results, and if i refine the search I get single posts that dont really help me. What am I doing wrong? Or, if the difference between full cap and topper wearing can be explained in 3 sentences, would anyone mind? JRob? Thanks so much!!!
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM,
Re: Searching for full cap threads....
Post your questions here and I will get you situated.
10-06-2009, 01:34 AM,
I just did a search for 'full cap' and it showed up as 'too common.' There are a lot of posts about full caps on this forum. JRob has provided many answers. But if you do a search under 'JRob' that shows up as 'too common' too. I guess the best way to do it is to just scroll the forum looking for posts on this topic or with JRob's name on it.
Regards,
John
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM,
Why not just go to jrob's profile and click 'search user's posts'.
10-10-2009, 11:47 AM,
-What method do you use to align the full cap on your head?
-Which tape you use, and where do you buy it from?
-What do you use to protect the unit from the sun?
-In general, what will be different about attaching a full cap rather than attaching a topper?

Everything else I think I can learn by keeping up on the forum after I've started wearing the full cap, I just need these questions answered to get me going. Thanks so much!
10-11-2009, 04:15 AM,
Joseph303 Wrote:-What method do you use to align the full cap on your head?

I use blue liner tape across the nape, taping the unit first and setting it on my head. Then I lift the back up and pull off the tape backing. I press the tape into place on the nape, and from there I can mark the hairline for glue, roll the unit back, apply glue, and then just roll it from back to front again and it falls right into place most of the time.

Quote:-Which tape you use, and where do you buy it from?

I use blue liner most of the time. You can get it anywhere that sells supplies.

Quote:-What do you use to protect the unit from the sun?

I use my own products.

Quote:-In general, what will be different about attaching a full cap rather than attaching a topper?

It's easier to get a straight attachment with a full cap but it takes more time. It's a little more difficult to keep the wrinkles out. Other than that it's really not a big deal.