Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
10-12-2009, 02:26 AM,
Re: Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
justerxr Wrote:Hi mate, the stock pieces took about a week to arrive from BA and the custom ones took the usual 6 weeks form the time of order.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are the differences between the two? Does the custom one come fully cut in and made to your hair colour, where as you have to cut the stock piece and then dye it?

Sucks we can't find anyone in Melbourne! Surely one of us has a relative that runs a hairdresser and sees they can make some money from our minority group Tongue
Why is everyone so hesitant to do it? It surely doesn't differ that much from cutting normal hair?

What do all you guys do in Melbourne anyway? I'm at Uni and I hate walking around being the only bloody guy with any sort of hair loss, everyone else has Japanese anime character hair!! :lol:
Hope you guys all support the mighty magpies Wink
10-12-2009, 03:43 AM,
Hi Wildcat,
A stock unit is is ordered by color number (or hair sample) and comes in a standard 8" x 10" size. You can get either lace or skin and all units have 6" hair with body wave and 65-70% density. We have them available and ready to ship. You would need to trim the base to size. A custom unit is make exactly according to your specs. Your specs are sent to our factory and it takes about 5 weeks to make the unit. The base is made according to template/dimensions and the hair will have your highlights or gray included as well as your exact density, curl and length. Stock and custom both come un-styled but we can send the unit to Debbie if you'd like a cutin and she would charge you separately for cutin and shipping.
Regards,
John
12-28-2009, 02:22 AM,
So any updates from anyone in Melbourne?

It's getting closer to when I start wearing, and I'm still looking for somewhere to get it cut in.

Did anyone find anything?
12-28-2009, 12:46 PM,
Nothing from me yet, I'm thinking about ringing a few local mobile hairdressers up & explaining the situation. There is another guy from Brisbane called anubi who is doing this & it only cost him $35 for a cut in. It's ok if you can do it at your house. It may be worth a try?
01-02-2010, 11:52 PM,
Hey

Just joined this site as part of my research into alternative hair replacement strategies.

Right now I'm leaning toward buzzing off the few hairs on the top of my head and the thinning sides and ordering a full cap.

After it delivers I will take it to the guy who's been cutting my hair is South Melbourne for the last 12 months to style and make any color corrections.

Currently I get a haircut ever 3-4 weeks and John has been doing a great job of keeping it short, fashionable and age appropiate but I ready for a change.

I haven't broached the subject of a system with him yet but will when I go in for my next cut.

I'll keep you guys in Melbourne posted on my progress and John's willingness to do cut ins and maintenance work.

Cheers.
01-03-2010, 06:07 AM,
Hi All..

new to the forum..

been doing research for a year on hair replacement.

looked at a Hair transplant and fell off my chair and lost a few more hairs when i found out the price lol Smile)

fantastic to find some aussies and especially melbournians online.

i have a few quesitons.

1. Silly question but do you guys get your peices from toplace. Yes i know silly question but reason for asking is i was wanting to know were to buy one.

2. I ordered a system from a guy in australia. He was fantastic help,reasonable price, but when i got it the density was to thick. Wouldnt look natural. I have hair on top but its very fine and thin. Im using nanofibres to cover it but wanted a better solution, more natural and not a notice big change. Rather than having the black powder coming out in my hands sometimes. But looking for a natural piece.

The peice is just a stock 8x10 swiss lace light to medium density. Remy Hair 9 inches long. The colour and texture is brilliant. Just the density to thick. Doesnt look natural when i stick it on my head.

So i figure im better going to a place and getting measured up for a custom piece ? then cut in by them ? Is this correct ?

if so

3. Is there anywhere in melbourne that i can get a good price and fit of a custom hair piece than can be cut in without costing me 1000s ??

This may make it more natural looking ??

i found a place in prahran. They advised me to use "european virgin hair" as my hair is very fine. Rather than indian remy hair. But they wanted to charge me 1800.

i also found another place that does "suction based wigs" which use "european hair"... im waiting on a reply via email on price etc.

if anyone could give me advice on any of the above it would be greatly appreciated.

im new to all this kinda thing and am more than willing to learn.

i figure cleaning, attaching, detaching and reattaching is a learning process. Something in time i would get used to in my routine. Which im more than happy to do. Smile

also sux loosing hair after ive had long hair my whole life. I want to keep the appearance if possible.

but hey you all know what i mean

thanks for the help Smile
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM,
Hi Steak, great to see more guys from Melbourne here. I have been wearing for an year and there is definitely a learning curve in the first few months until you get better with ordering, styling, attachments etc. My suggestion if you only have slight hair-loss at the front and top, a transplant is a better alternative. It might cost a bit in the beginning but will work out better in the long run.
But if you are a diffuse thinner like me then a transplant wont last you for too long and a hair piece is the only option. Toplace is by far the cheapest place to order your hair-pieces and I doubt you will find anything better for the price.

Steak Wrote:1. Silly question but do you guys get your peices from toplace. Yes i know silly question but reason for asking is i was wanting to know were to buy one.
Yes, only tried TOPLACE so far and don't think I need to try any one else as I am very happy with the quality of the pieces and the service is excellent.

Steak Wrote:2. I ordered a system from a guy in australia. He was fantastic help,reasonable price, but when i got it the density was to thick. Wouldnt look natural. I have hair on top but its very fine and thin. Im using nanofibres to cover it but wanted a better solution, more natural and not a notice big change. Rather than having the black powder coming out in my hands sometimes. But looking for a natural piece.
If everything else about the piece is OK then you can try reducing the density by carefully plucking hairs out all over the piece. Be careful not to rip the base though and also keep in mind that the density goes down a tad after a couple of attachments. Try sending it to Debbie and see if she can fix it up for you.

Steak Wrote:3. Is there anywhere in melbourne that i can get a good price and fit of a custom hair piece than can be cut in without costing me 1000s ??
I suggest making a template and send it off to John from TOPLACE. Describe the look you are after and send him some photos too and I am sure he will get you a custom piece that will be better than those $2000 pieces you are talking about.

Well..hope this helps you on your journey and Good Luck!! Wink

Note : Still haven't found anyone who has experience doing hair piece cut-in's. Sad
01-05-2010, 09:55 AM,
Hi..

Thanks for the advice..

about a hair transplant... i emailed photos to a place and from the photos they said i needed a lot of grafts. This is what the consultant said.

"If you wished to transplant the front half of your scalp, it would take about 3000 follicular unit grafts (around 6000 total hairs) and this would cost $16,500."

he was very helptful and honest. He didnt try and rope me in.

He even said that regaine and propecia may help but then may not. If it did help it would only be in the crown.

So yeah a lot of money which i dont have.

i can send or post pics of my hair loss.

Regarding the piece. It did seem very thick. I reckon people would notice a lot. Which i didnt want to happen.

i dont want to hijack the post so sorry for that.

was also curious what it felt like using tape ?? Do you feel it on your skin ??.. Is it annoying ? do you get used to it.... Does it hold the piece firmly on your head without wind etc making it fall off ??

sorry for all the questions im new to this kinda stuff.

ive just got very cold feet about shaving my head and using the piece. I just know in time i shall have to get it done and want it done as good as i can without it being to noticeable.

I guess what im saying is that im willing to pay out for the first time to get it done correctly. I know $1800 is very stiff in price but at least i know they shall do a good job.

Its a place in prahran (not sure if i can mention the name of the place on this forum. I dont want to break the rules)

i was going to pm you instead but noticed that PMS arnt enabled.

thanks for the help. I hope i can get this problem solved in the next few months.
01-07-2010, 06:57 AM,
Hi..

another question for those people in Australia ?

what shampoo or conditioner do you use to wash a wig ?

were do you buy it etc ?

shampoo without Ph recommended ?

anyway basically i want to know which shampoo and or conditioner is best to buy to wash the wig with .. ? So hair doesnt fall out of the piece and keeps the hair clean and looking great ??

thanks all
01-23-2010, 06:41 PM,
Guys, anything at all?

I'm getting really desperate now.

Want to get it done next week, but have nowhere to go.

I also need to know that the place I go to will be able to cut my own hair every 3 or so weeks.