Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
10-08-2009, 09:26 PM,
Re: Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
Hey Snell, I think it was about a year ago they cut me off. Not a bad thing though as it made me fend for myself. They may have changed policy but I still think it's a massive rip off for the money they charge anyways.

Justerxr, not sure if i'd be confident enough to cut another persons hair it's scary enough doing my own. I've been using normal hair clippers & a razor comb which i bought from Debbie. I still think it may be worth buying a robocut as many have said it takes out the stress & guess work.

Aussie Craig, Thanks for the info, might look this guy up. how long have you been going to him?
10-09-2009, 12:14 AM,
I am in the same position as the OP

Perhaps a melborune nerd up is on the cards?
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM,
Hey Guys,

I was in the same boat as most of you. I used to go to The Hair Institute in South Melbourne but the prices started to get ridiculous. Like some of you guys, I used to use Ultra Hair in Flinders lane but they have stopped doing it.

The guy I currently use is not keen on doing me either, but because I have been there a long time - he persists. I might try to find a couple of places and post them here. Ones that are priced reasonably.

Craig
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
10-09-2009, 09:15 PM,
it's great to see more guys on here from Australia & from Melbourne! If we keep growing maybe BA & Debbie will finally bloody come to Australia for a convention! We can always hope! Tongue

Thanks Aussie Craig, please do let us know if you find someone great for cut ins. I'll do the same.
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM,
I didn't realise how many people from Melbourne were on this.
10-10-2009, 12:38 AM,
Aussie-Craig Wrote:You might want to try a guy in Richmond that I use. He is basically a wig maker, but he charges a small fee ($30) to do a cut in.
Barnett Louis & Son & Son
Address 312 Lennox St, Richmond, VIC, 3121 Phone 03 9428 9855
Hi mate, someone did recommend this place in the old forum but when I rang him up he said he does not want to do it. Also they hardly answer the phone..I called everyday for 7 days before someone answered the phone (about 8 months ago tho)..but thanks for that, will try again and hopefully he might say 'Yes' this time..

snell Wrote:I didn't realise how many people from Melbourne were on this.

My thoughts exactly..Its good to hear from the fellow Melbournians.. Smile
10-10-2009, 09:55 PM,
I'm moving to Melbourne next year so hopefully someone finds somewhere and shares.

Will also do some research.
10-11-2009, 04:08 PM,
I pay $60 in Adelaide to the local cyberhair agent, who operates a general hair salon, and that's for a full cap cut in. At other times I've sent the unit off to Debbie with a photo and instructions - takes about 18 days round trip and costs less than $100 including postage.

There were a few places in Melbourne mentioned a couple of years back on the old TL forum. Try doing a search on that.
10-11-2009, 07:29 PM,
I'm from melb too Wink
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM,
I wonder if if we will ever run into each other and notice that the other person is wearing Tongue

Other than the obvious rugs,the only guy I ever picked with a piece on is at a pool place in Tullamarine. If I wasn't wearing myself I would've never picked him wearing in a million years. What gave it away was his thin sides and back. I think this guy would've fooled 99% of the people.