Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
10-05-2009, 11:59 PM,
Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a while but have been reading posts by fellow hair wearers. I've been wearing for about 8 months now and still learning a lot of things about wearing.
Anyway my problem is I am bloody clueless where to go to get a good cut and style for new hair pieces. I tried calling all the rip-off's like Advanced hair, New hair etc but none of them do cut-in's unless I buy their pieces. I went to my regular barber a couple of weeks ago for the cut-in of my new piece and I had to go through public humiliation to get it done. I specifically requested that I get it done in private but he insisted I sit in the regular area with people waiting behind me to get a haircut. I know that he does not want to do it because he said he's only doing it because I've been going to him for the last 8 years. I think he's trying to piss me off so that I don't go to him to get a cut-in again. I mean it's just hair that he has to cut and style , its not like I'm asking him to shave my privates..so much for loyalty Sad
Could someone please guide me to a salon or stylist that does cut-in's and styling to a new hair piece in Melbourne. I am totally lost here and don't want to go through the same ordeal again with my regular barber..Is there anyone here from Melbourne??
10-06-2009, 01:18 AM,
Re: Need help in Melbourne, PLEASE!!!
I am, but I am only going to start wearing in February.

I'm pretty sure ultra hair will do it, I called them a while back to make enquiries to see if they'd do it and they would. This was in June. Have you tried them?
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM,
snell Wrote:I'm pretty sure ultra hair will do it, I called them a while back to make enquiries to see if they'd do it and they would. This was in June. Have you tried them?

I remember they said NO! in January but it wont hurt to try again. Also I think they are charging over $100 for a cut-in which is a rip-off. I suppose beggars cant be choosers so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for that.

timguyperson Wrote:Try ringing up random hair dressers and asking if they will do it or know of anyone that will.
That will be my last resort. I actually did ring a few salons around here but no one wanted to do it. I think they are afraid that if they do something wrong with piece they are up for big $$'s but little do they know that we get our pieces for a fraction of what they think they are worth.
Also I was looking for someone who is a hairdresser and works from home or something. I remember my ex used to go to this lady who operates from her garage and used to do a great job with her hair for a fraction of the salon price. It would be great if I can find someone like this who does'nt mind cutting hair pieces.

I'll keep looking and post here if I find something.
10-06-2009, 08:14 PM,
Hi mate,

I'm in Melbourne too & yet to find anyone decent for a cut in. I used to go to Ultra hair & pay $170 (rip off) but I was desperate. After a couple of cut ins they told me that they won't service me anymore unless I bought their systems. I looked around everywhere I could & eventually went to Advanced hair in Dandenong, they charged me $100 & the lady there is ok. Robyn I think her name is. She kind of does it on the quiet side as a cash sale. I haven't been back there for ages though as I now do my own cut ins. I'm still refining my cutting skills but I can do it well enough to get away with. I'd still love to find a really good low cost stylist though so we're on the same mission let me know if you find someone.
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM,
Hi DWNDER, just wondering when ultra hair stopped doing it for you? I know they are a rip off but I was planning on using them in February when I get it done. In June this year they said they would do it for me, just wondering if their policy has since changed? Thanks.

Looks like a few of us here are in the same boat in Melbourne. If anyone finds anything can they let me know also. I've got time on my side, I won't be starting until February, but I'd like to have everything ready to go for when February comes around.
10-07-2009, 01:02 AM,
Hey guys, just wondering when you order a TL piece how long does it take to arrive down under?
Cheers
10-07-2009, 09:03 AM,
DWNUNDR Wrote:I looked around everywhere I could & eventually went to Advanced hair in Dandenong, they charged me $100 & the lady there is ok. Robyn I think her name is.

Funny that because when I rang AHS(Dandenong) 4 months ago they were fine with cuting in my new piece but when I went to bok myself in last month the same guy said they don't do it anymore. Maybe these studios are realizing that a lot of cutomers are buying their pieces online and want to put an end to it. I also called the one in Geelong and the same story there.
DWNUNDR Wrote:I'm still refining my cutting skills but I can do it well enough to get away with
You reckon you can do my next cut-in.. Tongue ???

Wildcat Wrote:Hey guys, just wondering when you order a TL piece how long does it take to arrive down under?
Cheers
Hi mate, the stock pieces took about a week to arrive from BA and the custom ones took the usual 6 weeks form the time of order.
10-07-2009, 12:19 PM,
HI,

You might want to try a guy in Richmond that I use. He is basically a wig maker, but he charges a small fee ($30) to do a cut in.
Barnett Louis & Son & Son
Address 312 Lennox St, Richmond, VIC, 3121 Phone 03 9428 9855

Craig.
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM,
Hey Aussie-Craig, thanks for that, appreciate it.

What is the guy like, is he any good? Would he be able to do styles for younger people (i.e. < 23 years old)?

Thanks.
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM,
I contacted ultra hair, they will do it, but the quote I got was $300, which seems a bit ridiculous.

I guess you know it is there as a last resort, but they used to do it for $160. Seems like a massive increase.