Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
08-08-2009, 05:35 AM,
Re: for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
I would just like to advise anybody here (especially newbies) not to color a hairpiece. i think it's asking for trouble. you can't color it the way you normally would your own hair - you have to avoid the base so you inevitibly will have a blonde layer underneath. Plus, each hairpiece will take color differently, so you have to do lots of experimenting. it's just not worth it imo.

just color your own hair to match the piece, like ba says. that's much easier.
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM,
Hi - its the mix of light brown and dark blonde wella semi-pernament that adds a hint of red to the hair.

Best wishes

Dan
10-14-2009, 05:52 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:I would just like to advise anybody here (especially newbies) not to color a hairpiece. i think it's asking for trouble. you can't color it the way you normally would your own hair - you have to avoid the base so you inevitibly will have a blonde layer underneath. Plus, each hairpiece will take color differently, so you have to do lots of experimenting. it's just not worth it imo.

just color your own hair to match the piece, like ba says. that's much easier.

I searched Google for hairpiece colouring videos a few weeks ago and found one on Hair Direct. On that they fully dip in the whole hair piece into a container containing the colouring liquid stuff. Why do they do that if it turns the lace brown (or what ever colour)??

Also how come the colourant does not colour you scalp when you rub it in and leave it for 10mins but colours the lace?? Sorry if its a stupid question but I have never coloured my hair before.