Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potential first timer with some questions (pic)
10-07-2009, 05:21 AM,
potential first timer with some questions (pic)
Ok I've decided I want to have hair on top of my head once again even if that hair isn't my own, I have long hair at the back (about 10" long) I always wear hats/bandanna's to hide the receeded part, my first question is, is longer hair easier to disguise, I like scruffy unkempt hair so will having it freestyle look ok even in the crown area? I will send a sample of the back of my hair will this mean getting the hair colour and curl pretty spot on or is there always chance of error considering the sample will be of 100" long, don't want it to loook obvious it isn't my hair but also I would like it to look natural as possible maybe even like I was thinning a wee bit,is this possible? also making a template to me actually looks complex even though I'm sure most find it simple, would love someone to do it for me but unfortunately I want none of my friends or family to know i'm doing this.

Whats the average date someone from the UK would expect to wait for the delivery of a piece, with good maintainance how long also would one expect the piece to last, who many do people purchase per year 2 or 3 perhaps.

Sorry for the wealth of questions and I know I should search but I am desperate to be able to goto college with being called a pirate or sit on the bus without a hat on and have my hair blow in the wind as I summit another Scottish munro Smile
10-08-2009, 09:01 AM,
Re: potential first timer with some questions
Hi Lovefinion,
Quote:is longer hair easier to disguise

A major key to hair wearing is getting a natural hairline. I've seen both long and short styles and everything in between that look extremely realistic. You could have a long style that doesn't show hairline or shows very little hairline and it would be a snap to pull off. And you could expose all of your hairline and pull that off too. The ease denpends on your hairstyle. The factory is very good at matching the color and wave. And we can make it look as though you're thinning a bit. Delivery time for the UK is about 6 weeks.
Regards,
John
10-08-2009, 05:23 PM,
A major key to hair wearing is getting a natural hairline. I've seen both long and short styles and everything in between that look extremely realistic. You could have a long style that doesn't show hairline or shows very little hairline and it would be a snap to pull off. And you could expose all of your hairline and pull that off too. The ease denpends on your hairstyle. The factory is very good at matching the color and wave. And we can make it look as though you're thinning a bit. Delivery time for the UK is about 6 weeks.
Regards,
John[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, certainly makes sense to get the hairline correct and I guess that makes having the template spot on even more critical. As for hairstyle well when I had my natural hair all long it barely ever saw a comb/brush I just had it scruffy so hopefully thats easy enough to imitate again.
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM,
When I had my full head of long hair I seldom washed it and it was even a rarer occurance for me to put a brush through it, so if I can get away with scruffy long hair again I will be most happy.

I am a little concerned about making a template but my partner offered to help me so might as well give it a bash, I better get started if I want the piece by Xmas Smile
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM,
Check the info links sticky there's a link on how to make a template.
10-12-2009, 01:31 PM,
Re: potential first timer with some questions (pic)
Are you thinking of a longer style like this?

Attached Files Image(s)

10-13-2009, 12:52 AM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:Are you thinking of a longer style like this?

That length is near perfect have you any of the hair freestyle to guage the look, as this guy's hair is very simliar to my own in colour curl (when I had more hair) would like to see it free as I seldom tied my hair back.

Snipe I saw your template tutorial, I would struggle doing that alone I just know it, my partner though said she would help..
10-13-2009, 05:00 AM,
The key is to have 2 mirrors if doing it alone.
You will need 2 mirrors anyway for attaching so get the extra mirror if you don't have 2 already.

Just give it a go by yourself so you can get familiar with the process, this isn't much different than attaching, fundementally.

Have some confidence and try it without your girl.
10-13-2009, 10:30 PM,
Your right snipe I should attempt constructing the template myself, as I will mainly be putting the piece on personally.

Are there any pictures of folks with long haired pieces on (top piece only as I'm not going full) as I would like to see a product in use, and I couldn't find any by searching?