Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itching
10-11-2009, 04:18 AM,
Itching
Hi,
Currently i do not wear a hair system but researching through at the moment. I have a question regarding itching problem. Does everyone experience this and how do you resolve it?

Thanks
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM,
Re: Itching
When I first started wearing hair I was a customer of Hair Club for Men. They did what's called a 'hard bond.' That is they used the strongest glues and tapes to bond the system to my scalp and the bond lasted 4-6 weeks. They sold me a bottle of a product called 'Alive' and said to squirt it on my scalp (through the fine mono base) whenever my scalp got itchy. That 'itchy' was due to the fact that the scalp was never properly cleaned for the 4-6 weeks that the system was on my head without being removed. 'Alive' is basically enzymes that eat up the bacteria that accumulates on the scalp due to this lack of cleaning. This drove me nuts! I found that since I switched to doing my own maintenance and I remove once a week to clean my scalp and do a fresh attachment that I don't have a problem with itching. I feel better and I know I look better. No cause for 'itching' and using 'Alive' when you have the ability to clean your scalp on your schedule.
Regards,
John
10-15-2009, 02:40 AM,
Re: Itching
Itching can cause a problem. Like John, I also started with a hairclub. It was annoying - I had to make appointments to get my hairpiece changed and I had to pay for it. They bonded my piece with Glue (I am guessing iGlue), the bond could last up to 4 weeks. That's if I didn't do much exercise. The glue began to itch if I was sweating. Very annoying! I could also feel it loosen when exercising (although it never came close to comming off - the bond is REALLY strong). The front of the piece would lift after two weeks. You can glue it down, but that wasn't as useful as I hoped. I got a REALLY itchy scalp. Think about wearing hair like wearing a swimming cap. You are going to need to itch and clean your scalp eventually. The itching factor should vary from person to person. I find that tapes are good. They hold the piece on tight, and I don't feel bond loosen when I am doing exercise. Also, the clean up is easy. This means I can change it as often as I please. I take my piece of about once a week. Give my scalp a good scrating and wash. I've heard some people keep their hair on for a few weeks, others do it on a daily base. I recommend trying different methods of attachment and do what you feel comfortable with. If you like to exercise you'll likely end up changing it more frequently than if you didn't. The important thing is that you're in control. It's something that you are going to have to figure out for yourself. It might seem daunting at first, but it really isn't that bad.

Also, if you do get an itch and you feel like it REALLY needs a scratch. Don't! Whatever you do; scratch it with you nails. You will end up damaging the piece if you are pressing hard on the piece with your nails. Press firmly down with your finger to sooth the itch. This I believe is the most effective method of getting rid of those pain in the arse itches. Please anyone correct me if you think I'm wrong.

That's my two cents. Hope it was useful.