Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Skin systems
10-21-2009, 05:50 AM,
Re: New Skin systems
I thought that knotted skin didnt shed as much as lace? Maybe I was wrong. Why are skin units always more money than lace? Most skin injection is done by a machine, Shouldnt that cost be less than people hand tying lace? Is the material more expensive? Just curious. no one has ever really answered this question.
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM,
Johnny,
It's 50-55%.
Regards,
John
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM,
And, Xeon, as you can see it is still unanswered.

Don't you love how questions are selectively answered?
10-22-2009, 01:51 AM,
We take our normal markup from the factory less an adjustment for volume allowance. Since lace is our highest volume orders that's where our biggest discount is.
Regards,
John
10-22-2009, 06:21 AM,
Thank you for the answer. You are the first person to ever explain it! lol. Makes sense. i would imagine lace is being bought by the yard.

regards
10-25-2009, 05:17 AM,
John's right about the thinness of the base, I haven't found one as thin. I got a stock TL-700 a while back but that was before I knew how to properly color the hairpiece and I screwed the base up by getting dye all over it. I recently ordered Hollywood Lace's "super thinskin" but what I got was a typical injected thinskin. It's too thick for me. However, I needed something fast and they got it to me in 3 weeks and the hair color, density and texture matched perfectly. Several of my last TL orders have been bad experiences. Way too much density, color too dark, hair texture too thick, etc. I really want to order a custom TL-700 but I'm afraid it's gonna take forever and be off specs. I never used to have these problems w/TL 3-4 years ago.

My question for John is: If you get a TL-700 injected won't it be thicker than a knotted one due to the fact they need to add another layer to inject the hairs?
10-25-2009, 10:51 AM,
Hi Expriest,
I'll check with the factory but I don't think they add another layer for injection. I think there's only one layer whether it be knotted or injected. Allow me to check with the factory and I'll get back to you.
Regards,
John