Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was dissapointed today
10-16-2009, 12:21 PM,
Was dissapointed today
So I went to a reputable salon to try their systems. They wanted to show me how a system could possibly look on me. So they found a lace piece with the same color hair to try it out on my front hairline. They put a layer of white glue up front. Let it dry and placed the lace system on. The system looked good even though it was not a custom. But ...the lace front was soo visible! I was let down. There was like half inch or less of exta lace. But still, it was quite visible. So I'm sitting here drinking long island ice teas lol typing this. I'm not sure if this lace wAs sfs or French. But I thought that I was going to be blown away. Is this really how it is supposed to be? Nothing like Michigan baldys DVD. Do u guyz think that the salon did something wrong? Are the tl systems truly invisible at the hairline? Thx for hearing me out!
10-16-2009, 03:47 PM,
Re: Was dissapointed today
Its the extra lace. Plus they probably just did a quick attachment.

Extra lace is worthless. I cut the lace down right up to the hairline. Why have extra lace? At least with lace with hair in it, if it starts to lift a tiny bit, you have the hair to disguise it. If extra lace in the front is lifting, all you see is lace!
10-16-2009, 04:51 PM,
Both sfs and french lace disappear on my skin just fine with a proper attachment. I wouldn't judge until you have had a chance to see it done correctly.
10-17-2009, 01:22 PM,
It's nice to hear that.
I was just not impressed with this salons lace.
If someone tries to whisper in your ear is the lace visible?
10-17-2009, 03:35 PM,
Lots of places say the base material is lace but many times it's really just fine mono. When the lace is properly attached it's undetectable.
10-17-2009, 04:59 PM,
Just to confirm, so even if you leave say, 1/2inch to 1 inch of extra lace at the front, it will still disappear if you attach properly? Want to make sure because then I'll leave extra lace for my next hairpiece, I tend to get glue into the hair in front now because it is cut very close to the hairline.

Thanks!
10-18-2009, 01:02 AM,
No, that's too much extra lace. Only go 1/8" at the max.

--CS
10-18-2009, 06:45 AM,
so is it better to leave a little lace as my old hairdresser cut the system right up to the hairline :?
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM,
Thanks for the input.
I'll still order from TL. That guy at the salon was probably trying to sell me a monofilament base. It did it have the matrixey criss crossing base. But, it was definately visible. I can't believe he was not using French or Swiss lace wtf?
He also told me that I would come over to his place to have it serviced. . .
Why don't salons cross over to the new materials?
Oh, this was the killer. They tell me that they get them from factories in China. Which begs the question, why are you trying to charge 10 times what TL charges?
I think TL has the right business model which is: Provide affordable pieces of great quality on the latest bases over the web.
Does TL have their own salon/office to get a piece fitted/cutin etc?
Newbs like me would feel much more comfortable to be shown the ropes one on one.

Thanks again,
balamouti.
10-19-2009, 03:18 AM,
Leaving extra lace in front is good because it helps prevent lifting.

Think of your hair as a long crow bar that is prying up the lace (the hair's weight and movement is constantly prying up the lace). In order to make it tougher for the lace to be lifted, you need more lace in front. Imagine laying a book flat on the group and prying it up. The book will pop up easily. Now imagine a rectangle (same weight as the book) but has dimensions 2 feet by 3 feet. If you pry up on side, the opposite side will still be touching the ground.

Hope this analogy is convincing as to why a little more lace in front is better. Smile

Leamon