Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made you make the plunge and go for it?
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM,
What made you make the plunge and go for it?
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum and systems in general. Like most on here, I've found this site through looking at help for my Hair loss. I am reading and taking in a lot of information and probably will have a few questions on the way, but I'm in the process of finishing my template and ordering my first system.

Main question is What made you take the plunge and go for it?

I began slowly receding at 19, It wasn't that noticeable at the beginning and I could live with it, but as this years have progressed, It's becoming worse and now, I'm thinning too.

Had enough of wearing beanies/hats/hoods to cover my hair. Getting to the stage where I have to style my hair into a certain way and with the concealers for the back, it's just hard and frustrating, and I think looks probably awful, trying to hide a receding hairline by combing it forward etc, also, any gust of Wind or so and it's all over the place. It's at the stage where I am wearing hats etc reguarly, and trying to avoid drastic weather if at a function where I am not allowed to wear a hat haha.
My push to getting one is that at present I have recently been made unemployed,before I could wear hats etc to work and I am applying for various jobs, and 'doing my hair' is such a hassle for a Wedding, Night Out or the rare occasion that I 'wear my hair'.

Some of the photo's are fantastic on this site and really take years of guys!
If anyone is in a similar boat to me and their life is miserable, go for it! Give it a go, and if it doesn't work out, at least you've tried it.

This might sound really nosey, but just curious to find out what was the PUSH that made you go for it?
10-16-2009, 04:54 PM,
Re: What made you make the plunge and go for it?
No push really. I was shaving my head for years when a friend introduced me to the world of non-surgical hair replacement. I was just happy to have an option Big Grin
10-17-2009, 12:55 AM,
I recently made the plunge.

I started at loosing my hair at 16. Tried products like rogain with Advanced Hair at 18. After 1 year I didn't see any regrowth. I began to accept that I would go bald. Stoped the program. Two to three years latter the hairloss had become worse. My hair looked like Phil Colllin's. I felt it drastically affected my appearance. The more hair I lost the more I felt like I was receving less looks from the opposite sex when I walked into a room. I didn't like what I looked at in the mirror. I had tried shaving my head when I was 17. I felt naked without hair on my head. Despite some women paying no attention to the shaved look, some even liked to rubbed their hands over my bald head :S. I initially didn't like the idea of wearing hair. Quite possibly because there is a stigma attached to it. The more I investigated it though, the more appealing it became. Videos and pictures on the internet showing before and after made me change my mind about wearing hair. I slapped a hairsystem on my head and it looked good. I feel alot better about my appearance. It's never going to be as good as having my own head of hair. But it's the closest I'll ever get. Life could be worse.

Even with my jude law comb over women still liked me. It was just yesterday that one of my female friends told me how much of a catch I was because of my personality. That still isn't enough for me, I want to look good too.

I hate to think of all the years I spent being depressed about it my hair. Feeling like I wasn't attractive. I even thought (still do) that people treated my differently because of the way I looked. Before I made the jump I talked to my friend. When we were younger she went on drugs to get rid of her achne. She is very attractive, in an anglina jolie way. Heads would turn when she walked into a room. Despite this she was still affected by her achne. She wouldn't wear certain clothes to avoid showing the achne on her back. I could see how much it affected her self-esteem, despite having many good-looking guys asking her out. After taking the drugs her achne cleared up and she was much more happy with the way she looked. And has more freedom with what she wears. People even comment on how nice her skin is now. When I was considering wearing hair I asked her about her experience (I felt it mirrored my experience with loosing hair). Then I told her what I planned to do and asked her opinion. She said if it's going to improve your self-esteem you should do it. I was lucky to have someone close to me that I could talk to about it. I'm glad I did it. I look younger and healthier. I feel as though I am able to make a better first impression when I meet people now.
11-03-2009, 05:42 PM,
When i was 18 i had THICK black hair. Great hair. It was what people knew me by. But at 18 I also started to notice i was losing a little hair. and it just continued to get worse over the years. 4 years later it had finally progressed to the point to where people could tell i was losing hair. I didnt get the same attention from females my age. People literally were treating me differently. it wasn't in my head. its true. people with hair get more respect. Period.

THATS what pushed me.

i wanted things to go back to the way they were when i had an abundant amount of hair. I wanted the female attention. I wanted the respect. So i ordered my piece and have been wearing it for about 2 weeks. it not only looks AMAZING but it has changed me back to the person i always was. i'm back to me.

I know losing hair shouldn't be SUCH a big deal but it really is when your young. if i was 30 or 40 and losing my hair it wouldn't be as big a deal.

So i say make the jump ASAP!!!! dont wait. get your confidence back.
11-04-2009, 06:10 AM,
Don't think at your 30s or 40s you don't care anymore how your hair looks like ... I thought that too when I was on my late 20s and started losing hair.

Now I'm at 40+ and after years with concelears I'm getting my first unit.
11-05-2009, 06:53 AM,
i like the way i looked with hair better than without.
11-10-2009, 05:10 PM,
Newhair Wrote:Don't think at your 30s or 40s you don't care anymore how your hair looks like ... I thought that too when I was on my late 20s and started losing hair.

good point
10-07-2010, 08:00 AM,
RE: What made you make the plunge and go for it?
(11-04-2009, 06:10 AM)Newhair Wrote: Don't think at your 30s or 40s you don't care anymore how your hair looks like ... I thought that too when I was on my late 20s and started losing hair.

here here m8 good point, same here , moving onto a hair system.
within a week or so , waiting for a call from the salon.
saying 30,40's when youre 17+ is very easy,it may aswell be next year.its very easy to be logical about hair loss and say when i start losing mine i'll shave it off.(till the time comes)wait till the emotion kicks in.
bit like being logical about a good freinds death,when the event occurs, the logic and emotion are worlds apart.
10-08-2010, 07:05 AM,
(11-05-2009, 06:53 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: i like the way i looked with hair better than without.

desperation, came to the end of the road with my concealer,dont get me wrong concealer is bloody fantastic it bought me 7-8 years when i had decent density.
but my densitys going,yes hair wearing will be more expensive,
but i'v ran out of options.and my hairs very important to me always has been sicne about 17(prob when i discovered birds and bees)
lol
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM,
I hated looking at my huge bald spot and receding hairline.
When I went places where there are mirrors and saw the top of my head I was like who is that guy? wtf. . .

Now, I look like I'm supposed to.

Thought about shaving head but I got a big round head and I look old and fat.

Now it is age appropriate and natural looking.