Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl at bar
10-26-2009, 02:45 PM,
Re: Girl at bar
Apparently he was wrestling with some other actors including Vince Vaughn and his piece came off. This was 4 years ago, he event went on Leno afterwards to prove the rumors false by tugging his hair, lol.
10-26-2009, 10:54 PM,
I do believe Affleck wears a hairpiece, but I don't believe the story about it coming off in horseplay.

I re-attach once a week, and there is no way my piece would come off in horseplay. Obviously, if someone pulled really hard they could pull some of the hair out of it, just like they could pull my real hair out. If they got me when I have been sweating heavily they could probably pull my front hairline up (which would be embarrassing enough), but there is no way they could pull the whole unit off without taking chunks of my scalp with it. Affleck is hardly going to stick his system on with a bit of chewing gum and hope for the best - he has too much to lose.

I suspect what happened is that the newspaper which wrote this story was told by an insider in Affleck's circle that he wears a piece, and rather than just saying "we hear he wears a piece" they wrote this voyeuristic story in the knowledge that Affleck would never be able to sue them.
10-27-2009, 01:47 AM,
Personally, I would have taken the reciprocal opportunity to tug her hair & ask the same question, while simaltaneously picking her up @ the "Y", placing her on the bar or stool, and kiss her passionately. You missed a likely lovely ride there mate, that wanted to buy a ticket on your tilt-a-whirl
10-27-2009, 07:51 AM,
I've not even wore a system yet, but I think that the chances of this happening are really really slim in real-life, someone really tugging on your hair.
I've read a few posts on here of people who wear and have had people touch their hair, and it has managed to stay on.

Think about your own hair, and in the past, if people have touched it. You're more likely to have a hat grabbed off your head than your hair getting touched. For a while, when my hair was really awful (I tried cutting it at home but ended up thinning it too much etc) So, I wore a baseball cap or a beanie out a few times, and especially if alcohol is involved, the amount of folk who had to try on the hat, or take it off.

I'm not that fussed about someone tugging on my hair, or touching it. I plan to stick gel or wax in my hair, and I doubt most folk would want to touch it with all that in it.

I can see your worries though, last thing you want is an almost perfect undecetable system then some crazy bint pulls it off on the dance floor!
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM,
Mr.NewYork Wrote:Personally, I would have taken the reciprocal opportunity to tug her hair & ask the same question, while simaltaneously picking her up @ the "Y", placing her on the bar or stool, and kiss her passionately. You missed a likely lovely ride there mate, that wanted to buy a ticket on your tilt-a-whirl

If you can believe it, it was not worth it unless her mouth was taped shut.
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM,
I have never tried bonding hair yet. I am sure when I do those worries will be minimized as it is on good.
10-28-2009, 02:02 PM,
Mr.NewYork Wrote:Personally, I would have taken the reciprocal opportunity to tug her hair & ask the same question, while simaltaneously picking her up @ the "Y", placing her on the bar or stool, and kiss her passionately. You missed a likely lovely ride there mate, that wanted to buy a ticket on your tilt-a-whirl

I couldn't agree more.
10-28-2009, 04:57 PM,
Some people say that their hair never gets touched, and others say that it happens fairly frequently.

I'm the kind of person that it happens to on a regular basis. It depends on the style, and sometimes it is by women who KNOW I wear and sometimes it is by women who don't know. I take it as the ultimate compliment when a woman touches my hair. It shows that they think it looks good and if they know you wear it shows that there isn't a terrible icky stigma of a pop-top rug in their mind. Do you think a woman would run her hands through your hair if she thought you had an ugly Davy Crockett pelt on your head? Of course not, it's a non-verbal compliment.

I tend to get the touching when I have the hair styled up nice. Why they feel the need to mess it up is beyond me, but I'll take the compliment!

I'm getting ready to do some really awesome things with full caps from a faux-hawk mullet (no jokes please...it's supposed to be the "in" style) to a couple of full-on rock star mohawks like this one worn by the lead singer of Blue October. Minus the eye shadow, of course-

[Image: justin-furstenfeld-2009-5-10-23-50-47.jpg]

[Image: STAR3418-blue-october.jpg]

I am expecting a lot more touchy touchy when I get REALLY wild with the styles.
10-29-2009, 05:02 AM,
No one is likely gonna pull off your hair without a struggle unless you attach it with got2b glued or one of the weaker bonding agents. They would have to literally "peel" it off if you are using a strong tape like supertape. If someone tries to pull your hair, I think the best thing to do is to press their hand into your scalp (rather than pull it off the scalp) and say "Ouch!" Then they will hopefully let go if they are not a jerk trying to hurt you. Bending their fingers back can probably help if they don't let go at that point. And for the record...Ben Affleck is not wearing. He may have worn at some point in the past but not these days.
10-29-2009, 03:18 PM,
Have any woman had a negative reaction to hair wearers even when it looked good?