Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does fam and friends know you are wearing?
11-02-2009, 12:03 PM,
Does fam and friends know you are wearing?
I'm about to start wearing and was wondering if you, long time wearers, let your family and friends know you are wearing?

What do you say in case you are asked if you wear? Do you admit or just say you changed your haistyle?

During your years of wearing, did you have embarassing moments, when something went wrong and was noticed? Like tape or lace showing?

How about the wearing feeling? Do you feel it? Probwlms sleeping?

Thanks
11-02-2009, 01:18 PM,
Re: Does fam and friends know you are wearing?
I'm waiting for my first system, and I have not told anyone that I plan on wearing.

I have been growing my hair in a bit, and also been wearing caps/beanies quite recently. I'm at the stage where I need to do something now to maybe make the transition before it is too obvious.

I've not decided if I am going to tell them that I am wearing. If someone comes out with ''Do you wear a wig?" - I'll probably just say ''Yeah, I do'' It's like if someone tries to tease you about something, and you constantly deny it. If you just come out and say something like that, it will almost surely, shut them up as they won't know how to re-act.

Well, my plan is not to go shouting from the roof tops, but I hope I can give wearing a good name, but I am a complete unknown at it, and I'm doing my homework to be prepared, so hopefully no one will know that I am wearing, but if the worst comes to the worst, and someone notices , or I leave a wig hanging around by mistake and people catch on, I don't have a problem admiting it to them if they ask as hopefully I'll be a good wearer and people will say I look better with it, hopefully, Smile

Do you plan on telling folk?
11-06-2009, 06:24 PM,
I've been wearing for about 6-7 years (wearing Toplace for about a year). Back then, my family members knew I was thinning. I then went away to school, and found myself wearing a hair system. Upon returning home, my family noticed my hair was thicker. I told them I was taking pills. They were amazed that these "pills" cured my hair loss.

There were times where an uncle would ask me why my hair looked funny. I would simply say, "I don't know why." This was when I was with a hair club. After I switched to TL, I haven't had any suspicious eyes on me.

My advice is, don't settle for an okay or mediocre result. TL has good quality hair. Don't expect anything less. Make it look as good and realistic as possible (get help if you can't). If you achieve a good look, you won't ever have to face having to "confess" to anyone about wearing.

The only person who knows I wear is my gf. I just decided to tell her one day. Funny, she doesn't believe me. Thinks I'm kidding. She has lots of questions, but she doesn't ask me. She knows I'm sensitive to the topic.

Remember, if you decide to wear, do your best to wear it well. Good luck!!!

Leamon
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM,
I was totally bald when I made the decison to start wearing. I told everyone I was going to do it so they wern't in shock when they first saw me. I've had nothing but positive feedback and once I saw the difference in the way I looked it wouldnt have mattered to me what anyone thinks.

Its all about you, its all about what you think. Nothing else matters !!!
11-09-2009, 08:38 AM,
bill416 Wrote:I was totally bald when I made the decison to start wearing. I told everyone I was going to do it so they wern't in shock when they first saw me. I've had nothing but positive feedback and once I saw the difference in the way I looked it wouldnt have mattered to me what anyone thinks.

Its all about you, its all about what you think. Nothing else matters !!!

Totally agree with your comment mate, It's all about what you think. What do you wear Bill? Any pics?
11-09-2009, 03:20 PM,
Most people know I wear.

Whether you choose to tell people or not, the important thing to remember is the way YOU see yourself with hair. If you look good and are confident about it, other people will accept it when/if they find out.
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM,
I never discussed it with family although they know since they see me often enough. I'm 35 now and since everyone in the family cousisns everyone goes bald..all the uncles..I kind of stand out now at this point. I will be making a new piece eventually with a bald crown to blend in more. I cant just go bald though I need hair in the front to frame my face in my opinion. I think my hair system is not detected by most people unless they see me every day. In other words, when I date and tell a girl, 90% of the time when I ask if they could tell they say no..some say I thought you maybe had a hair transplant cause something looked "different".
Lately when I tell a girl that its a hair piece that comes off they lose interest and wont date me any more. I Have been telling girls after the first time I go on a date, but before I tell them I make sure they want to go out a second time. But once I tell them about it most vanish..come up with a excuse. I think in the past I told girls it was a hair system.. and didnt give details and they though it was transplants. i think girls take better to transplants and with hair system they think of the commercials on tv...what can you do.
11-10-2009, 09:58 AM,
What I think I meant above was, that I'm not going to go out telling everyone I wear a system (I don't wear yet) but it's on its way to me.

But if someone says ''Your hair looks funny today'' I'll just go ''Ah right, cool'' or something, but then if someone comes out with ''Do you wear a wig?" I'll just probably say ''Yeah, I do'' and if they go on and on about and saying I should shave it etc/it's fake or gets really arsey, or ignornant/rude about it. I'll just end up something like ''Do you wear fake-tan? contact lenses? brasses/root-canal/teeth capped? make up?. As, they are all 'apperance advancers' and not real either. So by your logic you shouldn't be wearing any of them. I know a few guys who wear contact lenses, so I already have that one lined up for folk that might have a go if I wear, or not''.

I've not told my Parents yet. I'm living with them right now, but I've ordered a few things online and my Mum usually asks what I ordered etc, and I'm not going to say anything right now, or just say a few Christmas Gifts. Only thing is, I've not told my Girlfriend yet, and I feel maybe a bit bad about it, but I will at somepoint, I might wait til she asks. How did you guys get round to this, telling your partner, or family?
My girlfriend is great, and I really like her, I have no interest in others, so I will not be wearing to attract other folk, I'm wearing because I want to have a full-set of hair, like I did, and I want to funky style my hair a bit up and seen how great some of the syrups look out there.

In a few years, the stigma will be gone, I think, of course, somepeople are narrow-minded, but I think anyone who does tease, or not like it, will possibly be envious? Unless it looks really awful, e.g. 100% density big thick squirrel with no sides, some of the bad wigs out there, but I think most people can get away with, without being an issue. My brother said (his wife is a hairdresser) we were talking about Wigs last night - that she can notice anyone who wears/dyes their hair/or what not, so I'll see if she spots mine.

Sorry, this is long-winded, but the just of it is - I'm not telling anyone, but if someone asks, I'll say I am wearing, and I really am willing to learn and hopefully it'll look good.

Oops, just realised I posted on this thread already. So, I'll repeat myself again, Sorry folks Big Grin
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM,
my family doesn't know I wear. But I only see them a few time a year, and have worn a hat for decades.

some of my friends know.. (because I have told them) some of them don't know. Some have wondered why I looked younger.. but i lost a little weight and explained it away.

after wearing for almost two years now.. my mother just last time I saw her stated how nice and thick my hair still was...No Clue.. go figure lol