Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
life span of a system
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM,
RE: life span of a system
thats the camera, you know how lighting ect can make things look ten times worse.
the crown as you put it, may not be the crown its just where i parted brought the hair forward
thats the problem with submitting pics, photos,
monitor calibration, lighting, where do you stop,

im actually talking myself out of posting tye pics up, lol
anyway id welcome any feedback, i might edit the post and post up some in tommorows days light, diff angles
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM,
colours not as off as it appears in the photo, thats cameras for you, lighting,monitor calibration,
errm,might actually make an appointment to let my one lady salon give it the once over,with her critical eye,

no honest do you think i.d wear something so off,
the camera never lies, but bends the truth quite alot lol!
il miss this chapp my first peice,my comfort blanket,time to move on to my med skin system, and spose start saving for my next peices,

i do off course value everyones opinion,

regards

ANTHONYSmile
thats the camera, you know how lighting ect can make things look ten times worse.
the crown as you put it, may not be the crown its just where i parted brought the hair forward

anyway id welcome any feedback, i might edit the post and post up some in tommorows days light, diff angles

01-03-2012, 02:19 PM,
(11-17-2009, 01:50 PM)raks Wrote:
summerbreeze Wrote:
raks Wrote:At best, i get a little over two months.

hi raks when you say you get 2 months max, is it because the system has shed so much that you can no longer use it, or is it because it is falling apart or something.

Hi summer.. i have been wearing lace systems only since the beginning of this yr. My first system(all french lace) and the last skin(TL700) shed very fast and wear unwearable. But the rest (have used 5 systems this yr), the hair was good but the lace was getting all frayed. The problem was was with the hairline

Raks....
I should be receiving my skin TL700 sometime soon...what did you use to attach the system?
Besides the shedding ...over all did you like the skin system...I am new to this ...so I have much to learn...
Thanks...
lzlmt
01-03-2012, 11:15 PM,
(01-03-2012, 12:11 PM)antywanty Wrote: and spose start saving for my next peices,

this sounds like they are extremly expensive Big Grin

what are you working? I mean as i was a student with just a sidejob i had no problem to buy them every 3 or 4 month. So why are you using this one so long? The colour is off. I remember as you started your colour was good and now it shifted into yellow. I would not do that for so long.
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM,
(01-03-2012, 11:15 PM)Ruulkasar Wrote:
(01-03-2012, 12:11 PM)antywanty Wrote: and spose start saving for my next peices,

this sounds like they are extremly expensive Big Grin

what are you working? I mean as i was a student with just a sidejob i had no problem to buy them every 3 or 4 month. So why are you using this one so long? The colour is off. I remember as you started your colour was good and now it shifted into yellow. I would not do that for so long.

I get a little over 2 months.. sometimes as much as 3 months. But, I like to wear all swiss lace pieces, and really short with all Ultrahold attachment. And, I don't usually wear 100% density systems.. Usually try to stay around 60-65% or so. The stock systems are WAY WAY too thick for me. There is soooo much hair in those, that I have to have them thinned out a lot, and they are still way too thick. But, I usually order custom pieces unless I can't wait for it to arrive, then stock piece it is.

Just a little fray in the lace, or a thin spot causes my pieces to not last. This is usually from itching a spot on my part, or maybe wearing the piece for one more day than I should.. glue bleed through. I found a shampoo that doesn't shed my hair, so that's not the problem. I tried a satin pillow case, and they fell apart (junky).. have to buy new/better ones this time.

I also wear a hat a lot. It's b/c I always wore hats a lot before, and even though I'm pretty comfortable with wearing now, I'm still not as confident as if I had my real growing hair.

Overall, I get about 6 pieces a year. But, I don't spend any money on cut ins , only the glue.

I don't necessarily agree that shorter systems last longer. There is much less margin for error with shorter pieces. One small thin spot can't be hidden like you could with longer hair. Plus I think someone can get away with thicker densities with longer hair, thus more time for shedding to not start showing negative effects on how the piece looks.