Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
life span of a system
11-05-2009, 08:28 AM,
life span of a system
how much shed can you expect from a system in a 3 month period. would it shed as much as 50% of its densisty in this time.
11-05-2009, 12:43 PM,
Re: life span of a system
a hair system can last from a month to 2 years depends on how you use it ( wash,attatchment...etc.)
11-05-2009, 12:57 PM,
We've had customers that have gotten well over a year out of a system but that not the norm. I'd say under average usage to expect about 4-5 months out of a unit. It's been stated on here many times but for the benefit of 'newbies' it bears repeating: Sleep on a satin or silk pillow case--not cotton. Cotton does two things to a unit. #1. Cotton 'wicks' the hair and dries it out causing the hair to break and look dull. #2. Cotton 'hooks' the hair and pulls on it causing breakage. Going with a silk or satin pillow cause avoids these issues. Also, use a charcoal shower filter to 'soften' the water and remove chemicals that are hard on the hair (and your skin). And of course, use Back 2 Natural blender/conditioner to revive color and shine.
Regards,
John
11-05-2009, 12:59 PM,
If you are brand new to wearing, I recommend getting 4 units for your first year...once you know the ropes and are more comfortable with the detaching/cleaning and reattaching process, you can get by with 2 units per year!!
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM,
"And of course, use Back 2 Natural blender/conditioner to revive color and shine." (John's post)

What is this product? I'm not familiar....
11-10-2009, 05:13 AM,
tnx very much for the replies, and the advice.
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM,
Tsister,
'Back 2 Natural' is a color blender/conditioner formulated specifically to hair systems. It revives the color of a system and also conditions the hair. It is an excellent product. It's available from adfhair.com. It was developed by Ian Gavet, the founder of ADF Hair Products, and he has years of experience with major hair products companies such as Clairol and several other firms. Check out adfhair.com---this is good stuff.
Regards,
John
11-11-2009, 07:28 PM,
Will def be checking it out... thanks John!
11-12-2009, 08:51 AM,
my current system I've been wearing for about 3 months and have less than 5% shedding. My first system lasted about 5-6 months, 2nd system went almost 9 months. The one I'm wearing now may be the best yet, Ive hardly lost any hair. I'm not sure why there is so many mixed results here but I agree with the poster to expect 3-4 months from what I read here.
11-13-2009, 01:26 PM,
At best, i get a little over two months.