Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL 700 New Generation Question
11-06-2009, 07:25 AM,
TL 700 New Generation Question
Hi all..

I want the absolute most undetectable unit possible. So i am assuming that would be the TL 700, am I correct?

The website says the TL 700 New Generation is .06 mm. "This base is an extremely fine latex."
it says it will last about two months.

Does that mean shedding will happen over two months or the hairline will degenerate in two months? Or both? What does "last" mean in this context?

I am also curious as to how .06 mm can possibly hold up to adhesives being removed once they have dried in.
Will simple 99% alcohol remove adhesives enough so this doesn't tear?

I am a bit confused about removal and clean up on all these bases.
I have viewed the "mirror slide" video and to be honest that to me seems like it would just tear it all apart.

Can someone shed some experiences on this?

Also, is there really a difference between a TL 700 at .06 mm and a TL 400 PSB at .08 mm?
11-06-2009, 02:55 PM,
Re: TL 700 New Generation Question
John,
The description says the TL 700 will last about 2 months. Actually I get 3 months out of mine and I don't 'baby' it. I try to be conservative in describing the life of the systems. It's the hair that sheds--the hairline does not wear away. I recommend that you attach the system with a light coating of acrylic glue such as Base Bond or I Glue (although as always it depends on your personal body chemistry). There have been people that have posted on the forum and stated that they don't even need glue to attach the TL 700--they use 'Got To Be Glued Spikey Hair Spray' to attach. There is enough 'stickiness' in this hair spray along with the the way the system 'vacuums' to the sclap to give you a good hold for at least a couple of days. You're right about not needing to do a mirror slide with the TL 700. You can remove and clean the unit with either Lace Release or 91% alcohol.
Regards,
John
11-06-2009, 04:41 PM,
Do you guys have any example systems floating around out there of this base?
11-07-2009, 01:55 AM,
Couple more questions on this one...

In the photo of the TL 700 I can see the perimeter of the base, that's the thin latex.
Obviously we don't just plunk it on our heads with that much material..

How close can you cut this to the hairline?
I saw a photo of John Travolta's piece and he had something similar but you could see the base... this is not like that I take it?

Also, does this breathe in any way?
I assume not... how does sweating and stuff work with something like this?
On first guess I would imagine it's hot, feels like a hat and itchy.. is that true?

I am a newbie, I don't know so those are just assumptions.. if they are ignorant assumptions please feel free to correct me Big Grin
I have read that lace is better than latex so breathing, itch and comfort..
The sticky hairspray is a good tip!I think that stuff is water soluble so easy on/easy off?
11-07-2009, 03:34 AM,
Hi,
I used a stock piece of this. Was not warm at all. Nothing like what i thought it would be. i do work out everyday.
I am not very gentle with my systems. Get about 2 and a half months at best with my lace pieces but this did not last me even three weeks as it shed like crazy. it was totally unwearable. In fact i was more gentle with this. It must have been a one off problem. Never the less, i would still try this again in the future sometime, as i feel that if attached properly , this is the most undetectable system available. Got a great hairline and personally i felt as far is the touch test goes, this is the best. One drawback is you need to really spread this properly while attaching cos if it is not stretched and attached you get a whitish looking scalp and for a brown skinned guy like me , it stands out.
Pity about the shedding, else i would not wear lace.
11-10-2009, 04:20 AM,
raks, have you tried using a tanned lace colour?
11-10-2009, 05:16 AM,
Hi Spartan,
No. the lace systems i get are fine. I dont have a problem with the colour. I only had a problem with TL700 and that when i had not stretched it fully before attaching
11-12-2009, 06:34 AM,
There is one good thing about skin that no one really mentions. A lot of laces sometimes become more visible as the system gets older. The threads get darker probably from collecting dirt and dust over time, and even at some lighting conditions and certain angles your lace can be visible at times. one good thing about skin is, if you get a skin that looks good, or does not show a distinct line where the skin meets your real skin, than u never really have to worry about angles lighting conditions, or having ur lace getting discolored and showing. My GF as super good eyes, and she knows what to look for. Sometimes if i wear lace, shell say shes able to see it a tiny bit in certain areas. Again she has great eyes looking extremely close and she knows exactly what to look for. But with skin systems, she never notices anything.
11-13-2009, 05:40 AM,
That's a good point, Xeon, thanks for pointing that out.
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM,
I have thought about the thin skin, but I was under the impression that is was almost trow away, are the results that better than lace? I don't have a problem with lace discoloring, I do have a problem with lace thinning out and developing sort of cowlicks, where that hair wont go where I want it to. Does the thin skin show knots? Does it have a direction? I llike to get a smooth hair style with a crist part, and I can achieve this with a lace unit when the density is even, gets harder when it starts to wear and thin....