Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First piece - fullcap - photos!
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM,
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos!
If I were you, and this is my personal opinion, but I would get that thing chopped down a little and try to go with a different style instead of trying to imitate what you had.

The problem is that the full cap has WAAAAAAY more hair. No matter what you do it isn't going to look even reasonably similar to what you have now. And IMO, I think in this case that doing a radically different style will work to your benefit because it will look more like you simply opted to change your hairstyle and less like you had something "done".

I say go for broke. Cut it down into a shorter style (but not too short) and do something completely different that people aren't used to seeing. Get the stylist to add some texture to the hair. It's hard to judge by a picture, but it looks to me like the stylist was trying to be too conservative with the cut. In other words, he/she was afraid of screwing it up. I had one stylist do this with a unit of mine when I was wearing a partial. She was a talented stylist, but when she got done it looked like I was wearing a bad toupee because she treated it like a foreign object instead of treating it like hair.

I'm not saying you look like you are wearing a bad toupee, but I think if it were cut down a little shorter and given some texture it would give you a better result.

You know what? I would like to see what it looks like with some styling product applied before you do anything else. Can you use some wax and post up some more pics?

Another thing I noticed is that you might be able to change the overall shape of the base to improve realism. I have found that a little taper in the back and proper temple placement and shape is KEY. This is something you will have to experiment with, but it looks like you might benefit from the temples being placed a tiny bit back. You can experiment with this by attaching the temples back by a fraction of an inch. The base might wrinkle, but at least you will be able to see if it looks better. If it does, you can cut out a little sliver of base above the ear and sew it back together to bring the temples back a little.

Put some product in and lets see what it looks like though before you change anything.

Messages In This Thread
First piece - fullcap - photos! - jcoors - 11-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos! - ahmed_hussain - 11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos! - danger!!89 - 11-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos! - JRob - 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos! - danger!!89 - 11-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Re: First piece - fullcap - photos! - JRob - 11-17-2009, 04:38 PM