Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CURLY HAIR SYSTEMS.
11-18-2009, 02:48 AM,
CURLY HAIR SYSTEMS.
Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of wearing a system with very curly hair or tight waves? I'd like to know your feelings on this, how does it look, how does it feel to the touch etc. Ive read that curly hair is heavily permed which damages it, if so why sell it? Also how long do the tight curls last?
Thanks all! Smile
11-18-2009, 05:01 AM,
Re: CURLY HAIR SYSTEMS.
Good question, why sell it if it's "damaged"? This sounds counter-intuitive right? When you hear people say tight curls make hair "damaged" you probably imagine a piece that is about to be worn out and broken apart.

I think there are all types of people on this forum. Some are more picky (anal) about things than others. Some pay attention to the smallest (sometimes unnoticeable) things and get worked up over it.

To answer your question, I don't know if the hair is damaged (it probably is) but the curly piece that I've purchased looks fine. This is the 2nd month I'm wearing this piece and it's still fine. What "damages" the factory does to your piece through processing won't compare to the "damage" we do to our own piece the first time we attach/reattach.

So don't worry too much about =). It'll be okay.

Leamon
11-18-2009, 10:09 PM,
leamon Wrote:Good question, why sell it if it's "damaged"? This sounds counter-intuitive right? When you hear people say tight curls make hair "damaged" you probably imagine a piece that is about to be worn out and broken apart.

I think there are all types of people on this forum. Some are more picky (anal) about things than others. Some pay attention to the smallest (sometimes unnoticeable) things and get worked up over it.

To answer your question, I don't know if the hair is damaged (it probably is) but the curly piece that I've purchased looks fine. This is the 2nd month I'm wearing this piece and it's still fine. What "damages" the factory does to your piece through processing won't compare to the "damage" we do to our own piece the first time we attach/reattach.

So don't worry too much about =). It'll be okay.

Leamon

Thanks Leamon, that's eased my concerns on the issue, apart from the damaging the piece yourself bit Confusedhock: . Do you have any pics on here mate? I don't think I've seen anybody with curly hair post a pic on this site.
11-19-2009, 02:15 AM,
:lol: When I talked about damaging it ourselves I mean like: putting alcohol on it, putting adhesives on it, taking adhesives off, etc. (damage as in, we'll put chemicals on it). Don't worry, TL pieces isn't going to rip apart. It's really hard to destroy a piece. The only tricky thing is the cut in, so either get someone to do it for you, or be very very careful (the cut in is an important element).

And I'll see if I can find you some pics =).

Leamon
11-19-2009, 05:40 AM,
leamon Wrote::lol: When I talked about damaging it ourselves I mean like: putting alcohol on it, putting adhesives on it, taking adhesives off, etc. (damage as in, we'll put chemicals on it). Don't worry, TL pieces isn't going to rip apart. It's really hard to destroy a piece. The only tricky thing is the cut in, so either get someone to do it for you, or be very very careful (the cut in is an important element).

And I'll see if I can find you some pics =).

Leamon

Thanks again mate! Smile I've made a template and I'm gonna send it in soon. Are you from the UK Leamon? I ask coz there is an advert on for PC World with a guy who has the look I'm trying to achieve and you may have seen it. It's kinda curly and unkempt, which I like in a hairdo. I'l be getting a pro cut-in done coz I aint Edward scissorands and I'l make a right awful job of it :/ :lol: Still have these dreadful feelings of 'what an earth am I doing?' Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it comes out badly I'l use it as a floor mop I guess.
11-19-2009, 06:14 PM,
No, Bungle, I'm not from the UK. I'm curious about the person you're talking about. Is his hair as curly as this guy's? [Image: bbones_tvw.jpg]

The piece I order looked about this curly when it arrived, but after shampooing, cutting it pretty short, and combing, it straightened out quite a bit (but that was intentional).

I'm pretty confident you can get incredible results with this style 8-) .

Leamon
11-20-2009, 12:51 AM,
Hi Leamon, the guy in the advert is slightly less curly than the pic you posted but along the same lines, wild and untamed :lol: I'm a youthful 40 year old tho so what would you say would be age appropriate density wise, 65% front and sides, 70% back? I'm taking a leap in the dark here so any advice would be much appreciated.
11-20-2009, 02:20 AM,
70% is thick...even 65% is thick.

There were posts back then where people would be returning pieces because they thought it was too thin. The came to this conclusion because when they held the piece up to a light, you can see through the piece quite easily. BA, would always tell them to PUT IT ON THEIR HEADS first before they made judgment.

For curly hair, I think 60% - 65% is plenty (it might even be on the too-thick category). Here are my reasons:
(1) My piece right now is 65% and sometimes I feel it's rather thick (and I'm a youthful 30 year-old :lol: )
(2) One illusion of realism is the ability to show scalp. Toplace pieces are excellent that allowing us to show scalp, so why not take advantage of this illusion/feature. And when I say show scalp, I don't mean showing thinning or baldness either.

So in summary, I think 60% would be good for you. Again, the day you get your piece you might think it looks thin. But PUT IT ON YOUR HEAD first, you'll quickly realize it's not.

Hope that helps a bit.

Leamon
11-20-2009, 05:56 AM,
Sounds like good advice there mate, thankyou. I'l go for a lower density at the front, 55-60% perhaps and 65% at the back and show some scalp. I'm starting to freak out a bit at the thought of ordering. Deep breath! Cant wait till it's all over Big Grin
11-20-2009, 06:14 AM,
:lol: It will be frustrating at times, but don't give up. Keep at it. Once everything is figured out, you will love it. Everyone here has been through those first few steps, so we're here for support if you need us.

Leamon