Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about coloring the hair...
11-29-2009, 06:46 AM,
Question about coloring the hair...
Hi... I'm just looking for some advice about coloring my unit. I've had this piece for a few months and I am starting to get some of the reddish highlights that commonly appear after awhile.
Has anyone colored their hair while actually wearing the system?? I know there is some worry about the color dripping down into the netting, but I would mostly likely put the color in the hair a little at a time with a comb. Does anyone do it this way? I was thinking of using "Just for Men" which I'm guessing should be okay for the unit hair.
Any advice welcomed and appreciated!!
Thank you!
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM,
Re: Question about coloring the hair...
just apply a small amount of colorant to a comb and comb it through the hair, let process the directed amount of time....then rinse. I do recommend doing this when the unit if OFF your head as it can stain the base when you rinse it out.
DebbieS,
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
11-30-2009, 01:40 PM,
I'm trying to bleach the knots on my system.
So, I bought the Jerome Russel product and used it on a patch on my body (kinda weird. . ) and on the underside of the front.
After 1 hour, my test patch on my body bleached like nobodys business!
The piece . . . totally unaffected. Wow. Those darn black dots won't go away for the life of me.
This is the second time I tried it too.
It seems that the hair and knots may have some un-penetrable space age substance applied to them? Don't know.
Have you all ever had any success in bleaching knots?
The base is nice as it does dissappear when in contact with scalp though.
Should I soak the knots in alcohol for a while and then re-bleach?

Thanks a bunch,
balamouti.
11-30-2009, 09:17 PM,
i asked if one should use fabric color remover first and then bleach. But no one answered. But i am interested has anyone bleached succesfully without using Fabric color remover? and how long should bleach stay ? 10 minutes? Thanx