Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about how to order?
12-02-2009, 07:06 AM,
Question about how to order?
Just wondering what the proceedure for ordering is, its my first time. I checked out the website but it didn't tell me if I should send off my template first or place the order then send it off?

Thanks

Emmet.
12-02-2009, 09:05 AM,
Re: Question about how to order?
Hi Emmet,
You can order online right away and select 'sending template' and 'sending hair sample.' Then you can mail in your template and hair sample. When your template and hair sample are received they will be matched with your online order (your name will be on both so we'll just put everything together). Once your template and hair sample are on file at the factory future orders will be easy--you won't have to provide those again. On future orders just order on line and select 'template on file' and 'hair sample on file' and make your other normal selctions. If you have any questions please call the toll free number (1-888-986-7522) and we'll help you.
Regards,
John
12-03-2009, 02:47 AM,
John

How about if you need something special, like a graduated hairline, how do you go about specifying that?
I have seen a few photos where it looks too thick at the hairline. Is that all density?
I don't really understand how that all works.

A 65% density seems right to me, but I have receeding hair in a U shape hairline.
I dont want to show up one day with thick hairline hair, I want it to be a little bit graduated like my natural hairline.
Should I make the template right up to my pathetically thin hairline now, or go 1/2 inch inside my pathetically thin hairline? :lol:
Do I ask for a lower density for the first inch.. ??

I dont want to make a mistake with the template.
12-03-2009, 03:23 AM,
Hi John,
The graduated front is not a special order. A non-graduated front is a special order. All our units, including stock units, come with a grauduated hairline. We have a few guys that order a non-graduated front and they're younger guys and can pull off that look just fine. They usually go with a spikey front. If you send in your order and include the Printable Order Form there's a diagram of the head that divides the head into 6 sections. You can select a density for each section (or color--lots of guys want more gray in the temple region which is Section 2). Normally this does not involve a wide range of densities since you want the unit to be even to look natural. Usually + or - 5% or 10% variance throughout the whole system. For instance some people will want to match the density of their own hair on the sides and back to gradually blend with a different density on the top. It depends on the density of your sides and back. If you order online you can specify the density changes you'd like in the 'Comments Box' and it will override the density selected in the drop down menu (you must make a selection in all dropdown menus in order for the order to properly process). I don't know what 'pathectically thin' hair line looks like--it might be better than you think. If you can post a picture (or send it to me) I'll have a better idea. Generally if people have somewhat of their own hairline I recommend keeping it (it's real!) and placing the unit behind it. Placing the unit behind it does not necessarily mean going non-graduated---it depends of how much of a hairline you have to work with--we want the system to blend naturally with your own hair so we still may have to graduate it. So if I can see your hairline I can better advise you on how to go with the template.
Regards,
John